• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Brothers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl, what was your first clue?

It was obvious within about three seconds of the beginning of the scene.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
ookamigirl, what was your first clue?

It was obvious within about three seconds of the beginning of the scene.

Now, now be nice. She always sums up the anime for us. It's very helpful and nice of her to do so and she likes it, so don't hate...appreciate! Very Happy
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
this last episode has to be the funniest one yet.spoiler["remember to smile"during the entire chair scene had me laughing the whole time]

another scene wasspoiler[mom and dads entrance and how they treat mutta like "you couldn't have done 4 more such a lame number"]

they really did try to make us laugh even spoiler[the cliffhanger when mutta ignores the advice to avoid azuma with the comment "are you stupid mutta?" as we see him standing in front of azuma with a big drunken grin on his face.]

this series has had some really good lite and situation comedy. I'm hopping the main arc of mutta becoming an astronaut wont be the end of this series and they continue on with both brothers space missions. although knowing japan if mutta goes off to mars someone will make a hentai version of the trip there.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
After all the obviously invented music references, I was a little surprised to discover, when I checked just now, that there actually is an Ellington Field.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
Seriously I love this show!! The manga is still ongoing and so far it's getting quite interesting... and the movie was great.
underlock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote

And don't you dare smorke in there.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote
LOL,
That kind of undermines Bamboo's comments about the attention to detail the show has, doesn't it? (have you posted this pic in The Stream thread?)

Of course, Engrish.com must have about a dozen examples of "no Smorking" on their site. I guess it just sounds right to them.

As for the episode, I really do like their idea for this "final exam" situation. When the episode was being teased as yet another embarrassing situation for Mutta in a formal situation I was wondering how they could justify him screwing up yet again and still getting picked.
Solution, come up with a way for him to act funny while still demonstrating his own oddly perceptive ways. And the way they set it against spoiler[the jackass from Kenji's group screwing up the same challenge] was a great way to show what they are searching for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
underlock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:07 am Reply with quote
Nah. I was busy wondering whether they did it on purpose. I don't read follow any columns either.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
LOL,
That kind of undermines Bamboo's comments about the attention to detail the show has, doesn't it? (have you posted this pic in The Stream thread?)

Of course, Engrish.com must have about a dozen examples of "no Smorking" on their site. I guess it just sounds right to them.

As for the episode, I really do like their idea for this "final exam" situation. When the episode was being teased as yet another embarrassing situation for Mutta in a formal situation I was wondering how they could justify him screwing up yet again and still getting picked.
Solution, come up with a way for him to act funny while still demonstrating his own oddly perceptive ways. And the way they set it against spoiler[the jackass from Kenji's group screwing up the same challenge] was a great way to show what they are searching for.

I was surprised that guy spoiler[ got to Houston in the first place... he was clearly a jackass and not a team player. ]
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote
You know, I wish I knew had to play the Space Brother's theme riff on the guitar... it doesn't sound that hard.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 27

spoiler[Mutta - Azuma conversation sure was awkward.
Seems like Mutta gave a good answer this time too.
Flashback to childhood days was pretty nice.]

Pretty relaxing and kinda stretched episode.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
Well, I really like the new opening.

...except for the "FEUL" gauge, that's awkward. I hope they fix that.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote
its not only wrong to be feul but also its a pressure gauge.

Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Depending on the vehicle, fuel can be measured by pressure. But there'd be no sense in labeling it "psi" without any numbers.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Depending on the vehicle, fuel can be measured by pressure. But there'd be no sense in labeling it "psi" without any numbers.

nope! fuel gauge and fuel pressure are distinctly different gauges.

if you have a fuel injection system it'll show psi but you will also have a gas gauge showing how much is in the tank. they are completely different meters one is on the fuel tank the other under the hood.the fuel gauge is little more than a float in the tank on a rod.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 43