• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Rensie wrote:

Quote:
Next thing you know they'll be animating something where the girl is a puppy who licks the main guy's feet while showing her boobs.

watch less hentai dude. Smile

believe me, you are talking to a girl who exists on romance shoujos. And when the day comes where there will be a puppy girl, I'll be proud because I predicted it first.

wanko to kurasou
would like a word with you from 2006. It's a eroge about anthropomorphism animals that are just that, dogs and cats. They can fully talk, learn, obtain licenses to work but are still just animals with the extended life span around 20 years .. also just wait until mating season comes around Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I completely forgot about Wanko. People here would seriously hate it.

You adopt a little dog girl you find stranded in the rain, and then raise her as a dog...

...and then have sex with her over and over again during mating season.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Oh man, I completely forgot about Wanko. People here would seriously hate it.

You adopt a little dog girl you find stranded in the rain, and then raise her as a dog...

...and then have sex with her over and over again during mating season.

Pfffft. Anime hyperD

Well, I guess that's every male's fantasy?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
I did play Wanko, actually. It got so BORING that it became a chore to play.

I remember most from it that the MC was actually interesting and an asshole instead of being a blank audience self-insert.
Konopan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
This doesn't even sound a sliver as bad as Taming of the Shrew.

If you want to complain about "ew that girl is written as a klutz because it's moe~ ah, so mysogynist I can't handle it!" Then go back in time and tell us how bad Nodame Cantabile is before anyone here can go watch it.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
In any case, seeing stuff like this encourages me to continue taking my vacations in Europe, rather than Japan. Sad

What fictional works have to do with reality and actual population?
You guys should switch off pc and go out a bit to meet more people, and get a life. Smile

How about this not-so-fictional work from the LA Times:

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/dec/17/news/mn-1167

...and I have a very nice life, thank you very much, since I can pick and choose wherever I want to take a vacation! Smile
zeroyuki92

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, more : "I haven't watch or even trying to seek any info for this anime, but I'm sure that this anime will be disgusting."

There are already plenty of anime that had become victims of this treatment in the past. Papakiki, Astarotte, etc... And many of them turned out at least decent in the end and had so less offensive content than previously debated. Haven't people learned from the history? Or they just plain ignorant and hard-headed?

I am betting that this is just another slice-of-life romance comedy with high dose of sweetness. And the main protagonist kicked from his dorm because of keeping abandoned cat? As a fellow cat-lover he got my initial respect for sure.

(p.s I also saw a lot of pet-master relation in real life, most of them are just for silly fun and nothing misogynistic at all. Even I had a master just to have someone pat my head for fun, and that's it. Anything offensive from it?

Please put your offensive remarks when the show already aired and deserved it... And I really doubt it will played that way.)
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:29 pm Reply with quote
zeroyuki92 wrote:
Yeah, more : "I haven't watch or even trying to seek any info for this anime, but I'm sure that this anime will be disgusting."

There are already plenty of anime that had become victims of this treatment in the past. Papakiki, Astarotte, etc... And many of them turned out at least decent in the end and had so less offensive content than previously debated. Haven't people learned from the history? Or they just plain ignorant and hard-headed?

I am betting that this is just another slice-of-life romance comedy with high dose of sweetness. And the main protagonist kicked from his dorm because of keeping abandoned cat? As a fellow cat-lover he got my initial respect for sure.

(p.s I also saw a lot of pet-master relation in real life, most of them are just for silly fun and nothing misogynistic at all. Even I had a master just to have someone pat my head for fun, and that's it. Anything offensive from it?

Please put your offensive remarks when the show already aired and deserved it... And I really doubt it will played that way.)

I am just to old/cynical to care anymore about it. It's been done 100 times before and I don't want to see x guy gets y girl with child hood friend being heartbroken blah blah blah etc. My god the set up or trope is something I'm sick of. I loved chobits, heaven's lost property and wanako, Mayo neko overrun etc but blah unless this does something outargues like lotte's toy then I don't care

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
In any case, seeing stuff like this encourages me to continue taking my vacations in Europe, rather than Japan. Sad

That's what I tell people about hip-hop population! Just because they make or listen to a lot of hip-hop doesn't mean black artists or brothers are like that! People shouldn't have a problem with hip-hop. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Rensie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

That's what I tell people about hip-hop population! Just because they make or listen to a lot of hip-hop doesn't mean black artists or brothers are like that! People shouldn't have a problem with hip-hop. Laughing

Maybe because hip/hop fans aren't molesting women on trains.

I doubt I'll go to Japan, but if I do, I'm not going anywhere near Tokyo.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Rensie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Nah, they just ride the girl train on the dance floor! Laughing

tuxedocat wrote:

You'd be a gaijin in unisex clothes thus shouldn't be a problem. Laughing
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Rensie wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

Nah, they just ride the girl train on the dance floor! Laughing

tuxedocat wrote:

You'd be a gaijin in unisex clothes thus shouldn't be a problem. Laughing

LOL. but still. Europe has really good restaurants. Wink
shukero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm too happy to see this, but I guess they produce what sells so what can we do?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of this LN before but with all of the talk about it, I now have an interest in watching it once it comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Momokochan wrote:

Then again I could argue that shoujo did it too with Kimi wa Petto... so well I guess they are even now? though ...

Yeah, Japan can be pretty equal-opportunity exploitive with their entertainment.

That said, I think people are reading far too much into the title in this. The girl is described as a "cosmopolitan, brilliant artist". This is a highly intelligent girl with a future, she's just completely a disaster where her domestic life is concerned.

As my wife said "Oh, so she's the man in the relationship?" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3