• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Suzuka's Seo to Launch Half & Half Romantic Comedy Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heiji-sama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The romantic comedy will revolve around a boy and girl who have to live together.

Seo once created a one-shot manga called Half & half in Kodansha's Magazine Fresh in 1996, but that one-shot was not a romantic comedy

In fact look like this new serie will have the same story as the oneshot.

Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I am all for him starting something new, maybe this means Kimi No Iru Machi is ending soon.

Also just so you know, while Half & Half wasn't a romantic comedy, it was a romantic tragedy.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
So these two are going to have to decide which of them will die after a week?

Oh yeah, that sounds like a hilarious fun time. Well, given how awful Suzuka was, there's no chance I'd even give this a glance anyway.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Oh yeah, that sounds like a hilarious fun time. Well, given how awful Suzuka was, there's no chance I'd even give this a glance anyway.

Did you watch the anime or read the manga? They are pretty similar but the anime lost a lot of the manga's charm. Also it only covers like a 1/3 of the story.

Anyways as far as shonen school life romance/comedy manga go, Seo Kouji is one of the best imo.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
i wish kodansha would just make an omnibus of the last suzuka volumes to help out those that bought the mangas from del rey
shadowdart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
i wish kodansha would just make an omnibus of the last suzuka volumes to help out those that bought the mangas from del rey

Agreed. I've been waiting for a couple of years now for them to pick up and finish off the series. =/ Hopefully we can get some announcement soon since they've been doing the omnibus thing a lot lately.
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:53 am Reply with quote
Man his art is beautiful. I wish he'd draw some true hentai.
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I am all for him starting something new, maybe this means Kimi No Iru Machi is ending soon.

Also just so you know, while Half & Half wasn't a romantic comedy, it was a romantic tragedy.

Well it might or might not indicate that he is ending Kimi no Iru Machi soon. I mean, he does have several manga going on at times, remember when his version of Love Plus was still going on, along with Princess Lucia (still ongoing) and Kimi no Iru Machi were running at the same time?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1