• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eureka Seven: AO (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
Riddley wrote:
Man I don't even know why I'm still watching this show.

+ 1

What a disaster this show is. I am now only watching because 20 episodes in, I just need to see it finished. 1 dimensional characters, nonsensical plot, why, oh why.

Good to know. Glad I stopped at episode 3. I was thinking about going back but thanks for confirming what I had dreaded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
Good to know. Glad I stopped at episode 3. I was thinking about going back but thanks for confirming what I had dreaded.

You and me both, jsc315. After the first episode, I had pretty high hopes for this series, but by the end of the third those hopes had been pretty much obliterated. After that, I've been poking my nose in here occasionally to see how it was doing, and every time came away thinking things weren't going well. Oh, well. At least the original series was pretty decent.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Is the plot so stupid? I've watched and continue the watch the series. I'm not big fan of some of the things going on it. spoiler[Quartz Gun, erasing and distrupting timelines and entire series being broken damaged timeline due to results of the original series isn't quite what i would like see.] Least not boring, its not doing typical harem & school drama formats Japan usually does.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:22 am Reply with quote
The story isn't a bad one, but some bad writing and terrible pacing has ruined it.

Who knows how they're going to finish it in three more episodes...

spoiler[ Truth should have stayed dead. Now he's just a f*cking joke...]
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
The story isn't a bad one, but some bad writing and terrible pacing has ruined it.

Who knows how they're going to finish it in three more episodes...

spoiler[ Truth should have stayed dead. Now he's just a f*cking joke...]

He reminds me of a Final Fantasy villain. Down to the spoiler[dumb transformed body].
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I feel like AO would have been a much better show had it gotten more episodes. They could expand on a lot of the plot themes particularly spoiler[Ao going to the US Military, and Elena's betrayal. The fight with Elena should have been longer too.]

Truth could have even been salvaged with more episodes. I know they won't do it, but I really hope a second season is in the works.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote
I don't see a second season coming... they can't and shouldn't justify it.

The story will probably be ended spoiler[ with someone going back to the future and causing this version of the world to never happen (since it was never supposed to exist to begin with), and Ao will grow up with his real family... ] at least, that would be the cleanest way to end this mess of a series.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 22

spoiler[Truth totally lost his mind.
That is a really really bad thing.
Ao vs Truth! Nothing new there.
Well, at least we learned some new stuff about Truth.
The experiments with coral carriers went out of control.
Looks like Truth has his own plan and isn't as controllable as they thought.
Ao- Naru relationship has potential if only they'd relax some more.
The future part was interesting.]
blksylv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
finally spoiler[Renton] showed up. wonder if the final ep is gonna be longer than a normal episode because i don't think they'd be able to wrap it up in that short amount of time
kaydub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
As if this show couldn't get any more confusing, spoiler[Renton is now being voiced by Holland] and the spoiler[third Nirvash looks like a giant mecha-Norb].
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:21 am Reply with quote
spoiler[ Considering that Renton is 30 now, and what his voice sounded like before, and the fact that he grew up with Holland as both an idol and father figure, I could totally see his voice sounding like Holland. Assuming his voice hadn't changed by 14...

The current Nirvash looks like an evolved form of Nirvash Spec III. But you have to wonder why he built the Mark I if he still had the original Nirvash...

The ending of this episode raised more questions than it answered. The last two episodes had better be [expletive] amazing.

I am glad they finally mentioned archetypes.... so the Mark I is apparently just a really advanced mecha (IFO) versus the original Nirvash, which was a living thing (LFO). I assume Kanon is also an LFO, not an IFO. The fact that a "seven swell" means "a scub burst with seven pillars of light" is something they probably retconned though...
]
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Ok but what did the "Concluding Chatper coming late autumn" crap mean? Are we having to wait a couple months to see it or something?
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
It means just that: The last two episodes of E7AO will be broadcast later, rumored to be November.

Why? E7AO was supposed to be 24 episodes, but the broadcast was delayed because of the Olympics. The successor show is not being pushed back. Thus, E7AO's last 2 episodes have to be distributed later.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:

The ending of this episode raised more questions than it answered. The last two episodes had better be [expletive] amazing.

[/spoiler]

I have been saying the same thing to myself for the past 24 episodes. "The rest better be amazing".
But it is not, and the last episodes are not gonna be any better than what we saw so far. They do not have a clue what they are doing, they have not good writers on board for this series, that's how it has been since the beginning. I have no hopes for the ending of this one.

Much as I likedspoiler[ Renton in the last minute,] it was simply not enough. Even if they bring the whole of Gekko for the whole of the last two episodes, this one is beyond saving.
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
It won't make up for the series as a whole, but it's better than going out with a whimper...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 21