• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is This a Zombie? GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
Quite frankly, I didn't notice the shape of those light bubbles until now that you've mentioned.

The manga was fun. A little different from the anime, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The translator's notes were most helpful, especially since it explained the meaning behind the weird masou shoujo transformation incantation (although, what the hell was the Steven Seagal thing?).

You're right though, they should've edited the text on Eu's notes.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I am considering picking this up, although I may just wait for Funimation to release a bluray of the series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm considering picking this up also after the current sequel finishing airing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Well I looked at right-stuf's stock and they are completely sold at this moment in time.. but eh I will find a copy to show my support for the series. This is just one of the few despite the tropes/cliches that still has "japan you smoke better stuff than we do" mentality"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Well I looked at right-stuf's stock and they are completely sold at this moment in time.. but eh I will find a copy to show my support for the series. This is just one of the few despite the tropes/cliches that still has "japan you smoke better stuff than we do" mentality"

It's not "trippy" stuff. Nichijou is trippy. It's more like "let's put all this stuff together in the pot and see what comes out" experiment.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:

It's not "trippy" stuff. Nichijou is trippy. It's more like "let's put all this stuff together in the pot and see what comes out" experiment.

well i when mean trippy, how many shows can you describe are about zombie of high school boy that was horribly killed then resurrected by a cute necromancer, one night he absorbed the powers of magical girl who wields chainsaw and must cross dress to destroy evil ghost/demons using those powers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 am Reply with quote
Kohii wrote:

well i when mean trippy, how many shows can you describe are about zombie of high school boy that was horribly killed then resurrected by a cute necromancer, one night he absorbed the powers of magical girl who wields chainsaw and must cross dress to destroy evil ghost/demons using those powers.

Our definitions of "trippy" are rather different, then. Sounds more like a remix rather than an acid trip to me. Let's leave it at that
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Well,I read this a couple of days ago and it's interesting. It appears to be a parody of the magical girl and harem genres. It also seems to be a lot like "Rosario + Vampire" in it's use of monsters as characters. It's not too bad and I hope to read more of this manga in the near future.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't like the series enough to buy it, but I'll try the manga if my library decides to buy it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1