• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mirai Nikki/Future Diary's 'Next Project' Launches

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
I suppose you could call it that... Rolling Eyes

Well call it what you must, I'm just trying to help those who are new to the series. They ended the anime in such a horrible way, I'm hoping they'll finish it in some ova. Kinda hard to do thou since There's not much to tell and if they add anything extra it just be filler.
Bob from Accounting

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks that this is just referring to the live-action show? It's called 'Another World' and features vaguely alternate stuff, so it's feasible that it could follow on from that ending.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Good riddance, this show turned to crap so fast you didn't even know what hit you. Enough with the shows featuring crappy hikikimori!
100% sure you're thinking of a completely different series. There wasn't a single hikikimori in Mirai Nikki......

I just finished the last episode and am very disappointed that the last episode deviated from the manga's ending. People that do not read the manga will not fully understand the very end of this..and the manga just did it better. They could've easily fit it in too by removing the opening song alone. I'm guessing they were either lazy....or hopefully this new project has something to do with it.
miggy051

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:56 am Reply with quote
Actually, after the credits roll, there's a final scene that you don't appear to have watched. Yukki's diary suddenly updates as the futures changes, from 'Yuno died.' to 'Yuno came to see me.'. We hear Yuno's voice in the distance and the shell of the empty world starts to be smashed apart like glass. *THEN* it says 'Next Project Starting!'... So either a potential follow up in the form of the paradox or mosaic books, or a direct sequel...aaaaaaaaaa or maybe its just like at the manga where they started a new life and go see the stars, after yuno breaks the space and time using hammer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2