• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiiro no Kakera Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The original game centered around Tamaki Kasuga, a 17-year-old high school girl. When her parents have to go overseas for work, Tamaki moves to her mother's hometown in the mountains with her grandmother. On the day that Tamaki arrives at the village, she encounters strange creatures, only to be saved by a mysterious boy. The boy, Takuma Onizaki, is the first of five Guardians of the Tamayohime that Tamaki meets.

^Hmm, what's everyone's opinions on this upcoming anime?

Bob Shirohata is apparently directing the series, and according to the news article, it will be animated by Studio DEEN.

I've never played this game before but looks interesting nonetheless :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar at all with Japanese voice acting, and I actually feel a little uncomfortable saying this since I am no position to judge it, but is it me, or are those voices incredibly unoriginal and plain? When the first guy talked, my first thought was "Wow, that's a predictable bishounen voice", but then they all sounded like typical bishounen; the last guy definitely sealed it.

I'm not saying they were bad, but if I just watched the video on mute, I think those would be the voices I'd expect those characters to have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
keikanna44

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm Reply with quote
This is on my to watch list but I hate trailers that only have the characters looking up at the sky all cute or at each other. It's so boring! At least show some action scenes to get people excited to see it! Nothing says "There's really nothing to this show" than a dull trailer.

Rolling Eyes
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
As someone who had played thru the game I'd say expect this one to be more Hakuouki-style 'drama with bishies' and not the lol-fest that was uta-pri.

Since this is the 'classic' otome visual novel it is pretty cliche ridden (especially if they go for Takuma's route) but can be emotionally moving if they get the drama right. There's also a bit more comedy in the early parts when compared to Hakuouki. Overall I'm gonna set my expectations at 'cautiously optimistic'.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
am in love with the song but still miss my Ryu-sama. TAnime cryT

Takuma's voice does not please me. >~<
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Fujoshi-bait Laughing
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Fujoshi-bait Laughing

I coudln't agree more. And as a fujoshi, I'm glad. Very Happy
kikao9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
I read that Tamaki has 5 Guardians, but then I was watching a video on YouTube and it's showing 6 Guardians. Is it because the anime is different to the game?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1