• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece: Pirate Warriors English Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Messed up. Leaving the post which answers more.

>_>

Last edited by thelastgogeta on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't own a PS3...

BUT I am such a huge One Piece fan that I'm going to buy one just so I can play this game! That's how awesome it is!

Mario1234567 wrote:
That was pretty epic but I hope to god that this game fails.... We have been asking for Unlimited Cruise for years and Namco Bandai Always pisses on us Nintendo fans... I am just hoping for the love of all that is awesome THIS GAME MUST FAIL!

I own a Wii and I'm disappointed that they didn't release those games either... But saying a game should fail because they didn't bring over games for a different system makes you a horrible fan of a series that deserves much better.

Last edited by Emma Iveli on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
xScar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Funimation doesn't dub games, and given they're the US licensor for One Piece they'd have to be credited.

Though I must say, the fact that it is getting a US retail release is a good sign of a dub being produced. Sony usually doesn't allow Japanese-audio only games to get retail release. The Yakuza games being a big exception.

Every.single.DB.game.

One of the Budokai games even had a DVD come with it that showed Sabat and the crew working on the dubbing.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:
Primus wrote:

Funimation doesn't dub games, and given they're the US licensor for One Piece they'd have to be credited.

Though I must say, the fact that it is getting a US retail release is a good sign of a dub being produced. Sony usually doesn't allow Japanese-audio only games to get retail release. The Yakuza games being a big exception.

Every.single.DB.game.

One of the Budokai games even had a DVD come with it that showed Sabat and the crew working on the dubbing.

Funimation doesn't actually dub games with their own in-house studio (at least not anymore) but some of their voice talent do dub games at Chris Sabat's studio Okratron5000.

It's a separate company but it may as well be affiliated with Funimation.

Plus I don't think it has it's own official logo (being a small company in Texas) so it's probably easier to use the Funimation logo to represent it.

It's where Unlimited Adventure's video game dub was recorded.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
That was pretty epic but I hope to god that this game fails.... We have been asking for Unlimited Cruise for years and Namco Bandai Always pisses on us Nintendo fans... I am just hoping for the love of all that is awesome THIS GAME MUST FAIL!

Those games have been released in English:

blaizevincent wrote:
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Primus wrote:
There's no English voices in that trailer. Hmmm, I wonder if we'll have another Yakuza on our hands.

DBZ: Ultimate Tenkaichi and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations had Western trailers with Japanese voices but still had dubs.

It will most likely have dubs. Funimation's logo can be seen at the end under the One Piece Logo. : )

Gigant Battle was also localised in Europe (in English if you look hard enough for a Spanish copy). >_>

And these apparent rules on the PS3 don't make sense to me as it just limits the games on the market outside of quality means, apparently sprite games short of Disgaea have the same problem.

FrameFreeze100 wrote:
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
I'm only hoping that this time the game will be released uncensored. Smoker isn't Smoker without his twin cigars.

Is Smoker even in this game?

He's not listed here though maybe the page is incomplete?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/One-Piece-Pirate-Warriors/

He isn't playable and he doesn't make an appearance in cutscenes or as a support.

Everyone who appears should be listed on the Wikia by now: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece:_Pirate_Warriors#Characters
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
FrameFreeze100 wrote:
Funimation doesn't actually dub games with their own in-house studio (at least not anymore) but some of their voice talent do dub games at Chris Sabat's studio Okratron5000.

It's a separate company but it may as well be affiliated with Funimation.

Plus I don't think it has it's own official logo (being a small company in Texas) so it's probably easier to use the Funimation logo to represent it.

It's where Unlimited Adventure's video game dub was recorded.

They're affiliated, but they aren't Funimation. That distinction is what I was gunning for. Wink

thelastgogeta wrote:
And these apparent rules on the PS3 don't make sense to me as it just limits the games on the market outside of quality means, apparently sprite games short of Disgaea have the same problem

The days of "No 2D" is long gone at SCEA. I can understand them wanting to ensure products released in their region are actually fully in English. Do I agree with that? Eh.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
The game looks AWESOME! I really wished I owned or had access to a PS3. =( I might buy a copy anyway in the hopes of eventually being able to play it and just to support the game.

Mario1234567 wrote:

They won't release new One Piece games if the ones they try fail. But if this sells well, then they're more likely to release the other games in English.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
If this has the FUNimation voices, I will REALLY look forward to playing it! Very Happy We've only gotten one OP game with them! All the rest of the American OP games have the 4Kids VAs...

FUNimation doesn't record video games. All the Dragon Ball Z games, the One Piece game, as well as the Fullmetal Alchemist and Yu Yu Hakusho games, were recorded by Okatron 5000 (which is owned and operated by Chris Sabat). Dragon Ball Z Kai was also recorded by Okatron 5000. Most FUNimation anime dubs are recorded at FUNimation Studios, which is in the same city as Okatron 5000, but is technically a separate company.

Since FUNimation holds the US license to One Piece and Dragon Ball Z, all games will bear their logo. FUNi's logo appeared on Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans, but that game's Japanese voices were left intact.
Leiser9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I imported this game when it was released in Japan last month, already beat it and such, and I can say that it was a bit of a disappointment.

The fighting system is pretty decent, but the camera can get extremely annoying during boss fights, and the game itself is extremely short. Very large portions of the story are completely cut out and ignored, such as: Captain Morgan, Captain Kuro, and Loguetown arcs from the East Blue Saga; Laboon, Whiskey Peak, and Little Garden arcs of the Baroque Works Saga; The entirety of the Skypeia Saga; Davy Back Fight from the CP9 Saga; Thriller Bark, Amazon Lily, and Post-war arcs from the Whitebeard War Saga.
Most of the characters from those arcs never make an appearance nor are mentioned, and even most characters that do show up you never get the chance to use, even though they have entire move sets and whatnot in the games coding. And even a great many characters of importance from the arcs that did appear never show up in the game.

The game is also quite censored, no blood appearing ever, nor Crocodile's cigars.

The game itself can be amounted to a large pile of missed opportunities, even though it had so much potential.

It's not all doom and gloom, and the characters that you do get to play as are very well done in their fighting mechanics, and also it is enjoyable with the whole Coin system and leveling up characters. Some of the levels are nicely designed as well, but there aren't that many levels overall in all the modes.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to get my hands on this. It will give me a reason to dust off my PS3 and actually use it to play games rather than just being used as my blu-ray player.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Hope this brings in some much needed money to Sony's coffers. They sure need it. Laughing
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Saw this posted at the Funimation forums

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-L3r29lDqTRs/T5fZSkzLuaI/AAAAAAAAAdo/JgkeOIb8hG4/s520/One%20Piece%20Pirate%20warriors%20confirmed%20english%20voices.jpg

Possible confirmation Pirate Warriors will in fact include an English audio track?

Now that US and Europe Namco Bandai are merged into one I guess both regions will have a dub included, even though US is apparently download copy only, though maybe now US will get a physical release too.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/04/namco-bandai-america-and-europe-operations-and-now-one/

As a dub fan I'm happy if this is true!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2