• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman: World Police

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:49 am Reply with quote
BTW, I just wanted to add that I paid twice to see Team America, and it was worth it. After all, if Roger Ebert hates it, it must be good! http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041014/REVIEWS/40921007
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:21 am Reply with quote
I'll probobly go see it this weekend, but I am hearing everywhere that it lacks alot of the satire and wit of South Park. Ah well, as long as there is hardcore puppet sex Wink It seems alot of people are not liking it because it "doesn't take sides" in the election Confused It was pretty funny reading an angry letter Sean Penn wrote to them, where in additon to making no sense he went on about how he tried to make a diffrence and wanted them to go to the middle east...http://www.drudgereport.com/penn.htm
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:16 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if one could jump directly from the last Sailor Moon anime series released in the US to the Sailor Stars manga? Or does one have to read all the preceeding Sailor Moon mangas in order for the story to remain coherent?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Eh, the last story arc in the final few volumes of Sailor Moon isn't coherent no matter how many of the previous volumes you've read.

And I'm not kidding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, sir. Guess I'll have to take that into consideration on the Stars manga.
jfrog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
BTW, I just wanted to add that I paid twice to see Team America, and it was worth it. After all, if Roger Ebert hates it, it must be good! http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041014/REVIEWS/40921007

Roger Ebert hates I Spit On Your Grave, and that really is the worst movie ever made.

Come on man, the guy wrote the screenplay to Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, which contains such classic dialogue as "Don't bogart that joint" and "Taste the black sperm of my vengeance!" How can you hate him?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't want to get into specifics due to my general disdain for using spoiler text, especially for things that have been out in English for years (manga-wise), but, to be a little general, it's like all of the weirdest, most abstract, "poorly-explained by Naoko" parts of the Sailor Moon manga rolled into one plus a whole bunch of new stuff that is hard to understand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2