• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Tsuritama Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Furi-Yuri wrote:
The Coffee God wrote:
Furi-Yuri wrote:

When I go to the Anime Network site all I see is Cable TV stuff. Nothing says "streams here, subscribe" I don't have cable TV. What I saw offered as when I did find a likely link to streaming was one old series. Maybe I just suck at seeing things but I saw no real streaming offerings directly from the Anime Network on the web pages I visited.

At the top of every page, there's a blue bar of links, one of which, says Watch Anime Now.
Clicking on that will take you to the online player.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online

Thanks. Like I said I may just suck at seeing things.

I found this whole conversation far more hilarious than I should have. Laughing
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
What would we do without you Sentai? Seriously, who would license all of these shows?

I don't think they're being irresponsible. They look at what sells, and what doesn't, and they market it accordingly. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are given the scoop, or are even able to view future episodes, so they know what they're getting into. Besides, Sentai pretty much produces their English dubs in-house, and are recorded at Seraphim Digital Studios (similar to FUNimation). It's FAR cheaper to do this than to contract Bang! Zoom, Studiopolis, NYAV Post, or Ocean Studios to do the work. But I'm thankful Sentai does have a good working relationship with Bang! Zoom, seeing as they're working together on K-ON!!, Persona 4, and Rozen Maiden Ouverture.

FUNimation's still an awesome company, but they just haven't been delivering the goods as much as they used to. To be fair, they license titles that could potentially have some mainstream appeal, and are guaranteed sellouts. Of course, they also ride on the success of Dragon Ball Z, Fullmetal Alchemist, Degrassi: The Next Generation (FUNi is the DVD distributor for the first 6 seasons. Based on the popularity of that show, especially for the earlier seasons, I bet they sell like hotcakes), among others...

Last edited by PurpleWarrior13 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
RedTail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
I really wish someone would get Mononoke and Ayakashi's Bake Neko arc after all these years. Too bad horror anime doesn't sell...
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

FUNimation's still an awesome company, but they just haven't been delivering the goods as much as they used to. To be fair, they license titles that could potentially have some mainstream appeal, and are guaranteed sellouts. Of course, they also ride on the success of Dragon Ball Z, Fullmetal Alchemist, Degrassi: The Next Generation (FUNi is the DVD distributor for the first 6 seasons. Based on the popularity of that show, especially for the earlier seasons, I bet they sell like hotcakes), among others...

I believe Funi's contract for Degrassi has expired. Those DVD sets are OOP and most sites are either out of stock or have counters listed on them. It's been that way for quite some time. I assumed their new distributor would eventually re-release those seasons.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
RedTail wrote:
I really wish someone would get Mononoke and Ayakashi's Bake Neko arc after all these years. Too bad horror anime doesn't sell...

You can still buy the Goblin Cat/Bakeneko arc here for $9, which I think is totally worth it: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/DEVIPbHKkJ0YrIPocv/browse/item/73880/4/0/0
RedTail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
RedTail wrote:

You can still buy the Goblin Cat/Bakeneko arc here for $9, which I think is totally worth it: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/DEVIPbHKkJ0YrIPocv/browse/item/73880/4/0/0

Yeah, I already own it. Would still like to get it bundled with Mononoke in a Blu-ray set though.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
RedTail wrote:
Would still like to get it bundled with Mononoke in a Blu-ray set though.

If only someone would release this set with subtitles in R1.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
skyreno4 wrote:
Nice catch from sentai, i enjoy watching first episode love animation they done with this hope it keeps getting better. Tomorrow it has to be Dusk Maiden Amnesia that will be announced, looking at crunchyroll spring 2012 lineup.

and he wins the Gold!
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:

Shocked Omg, I want that so much.
RedTail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
RedTail wrote:
Would still like to get it bundled with Mononoke in a Blu-ray set though.

I was hoping that set would have subtitles at least on the Bake Neko episodes, but nope. Would've imported that baby so fast...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3