• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood-C: The Last Dark Film's Web-Only Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarroush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 am Reply with quote
Holy sh*t! At 1:01 looks like Yuuko's shop. And given the last scene of the anime.....I'm suddenly super excited.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood-C was a highly underrated show. The fact that IG's plan was to bore the audience with a cliche plot, then completely turn everything on it's head to make the most mind-bending twist climax in years, showed that they haven't lost their creative touch as a studio. Given the mind-f*ck of an ending (spoiler: spoiler[everybody except for Saya and the dude running the shop dies horribly]), this is going to be a movie to remember. Plus, given IG's track record with movies (GitS, GitS: Innocence, Makoto Shinkai's works), you know this is going to be something special.
pokefreaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
This animation for this movie reminds me of Blood: The Last Vampire. Maybe I"m asking too much but I hope the movie's as engaging as the Blood: The Last Vampire OVA.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
(spoiler[everybody except for Saya and the dude running the shop dies horribly])

spoiler[And one of the girls who pretended to be her friend; I'm pretty sure Fumito promised her she'd have a position of political power or something.]

I'm really curious to see if the call-backs to "Last Vampire" are just homages, or if there is something more going on here.
TD912

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
IG's plan was to bore the audience with a cliche plot, then completely turn everything on it's head

Yeah, you can generally tell if somebody online actually watched the entire series or not by how they think of the show. If it's "too cliche, slow, and really boring," they probably only watched the first few episodes and gave up.

I'm still not totally sure if I liked how I.G. did that, as it was like they were trolling the viewer, holding most of the plot until the last few episodes... Plus the animation quality was a bit meh.

In any case, it seems like they were saving the budget from the TV show and using it in the movie, as the movie seems to have heck of a lot better animation.

Last edited by TD912 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Ahh...can't wait for this.

My impression of the original Blood-C wasn't that good so I hope this movie will step it up a bit; especially Saya's singing.

That trailer looks good though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:

Yeah, you can generally tell if somebody online actually watched the entire series or not by how they think of the show. If it's "too cliche, slow, and really boring," they probably only watched the first few episodes and gave up.

Well, I watched the whole thing, and while I didn't think it was "boring" I did think it had terrible characterization and a really badly laid out plotline.

Also pretty much the poster child for "gore used as nothing more than shock value".

*shrugs*

Not planning on watching the movie though.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I enjoyed Blood-C right from the start, and never felt that it was too slow. Right from the very start you knew this was an entirely artificial situation (though perhaps not how pervasive), and there was always the anticipation of how much would be revealed when.

And of course, a large part of the appeal was the wonderful CLAMP character and artistic design.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I liked the series...
And frankly this looks pretty kick-ass imo.

So, i'm hoping i'm gonna like the movie too~

I really wanna see this!
Because it looks like it might actually be better than the series.

So, yes, i'm still having high hopes for this~
TD912

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Well, I watched the whole thing, and while I didn't think it was "boring" I did think it had terrible characterization and a really badly laid out plotline.

Also pretty much the poster child for "gore used as nothing more than shock value".

*shrugs*

Not planning on watching the movie though.

The TV series wasn't really that great, because it was literally filled with a bunch of throw-away characters.

Like I said before, it was like I.G. was just trolling the viewers with a misleading story. I felt like the series was just a huge promotional advertisement for the movie, which is the "real deal".
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:
The TV series wasn't really that great, because it was literally filled with a bunch of throw-away characters.

Like I said before, it was like I.G. was just trolling the viewers with a misleading story. I felt like the series was just a huge promotional advertisement for the movie, which is the "real deal".

And that isn't something I think should be rewarded.

There was potential for at least a decent show, but they put exactly zero effort into achieving it.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Thought the trailer looked pretty darn good. I'm hoping the movie gets picked up for a North American release, along with the series.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed Blood-C the anime what i saw of it. The movie looks good as well. I like come of Clamps works. though some of its just odd.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1