• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Film's Special Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flower Metal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Magical Girls are awesome
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
I don't believe the merchandise line has ever stopped. There are more figures for these two girls than any others made. It's rather striking how popular this series is, years after it aired.

They have more figures than Asuka and Rei? That's pretty hard to believe.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
I don't believe the merchandise line has ever stopped. There are more figures for these two girls than any others made. It's rather striking how popular this series is, years after it aired.

Probably not, but I'll bet that if you adjust for time, they are close.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Pray? Now that is an odd choice of songs to use. Why not Brave Phoenix or Eternal Blaze? Since those were, you know, actually used in A's?

Nothing against Pray, but its a StrikerS song.

Well Eternal Blaze was used in the first promo last month. So I don't think it's confirmed which one is actually going to be used. Maybe both in fact? Though I definitely prefer Brave Phoenix over Pray.

Quote:

Actually, I'm pretty sure they're quite close at this point. Eva figures remained quiet for a couple years in the early 2000s and Nanoha figures began to roll out I believe in late 2004/early 2005. Evangelion remained quiet around here too while Nanoha has continued to roll out figures until 2007 when Eva came around with their new movies and thus re-began it all. Now if you're talking about merchandise in general, Eva without a doubt has more to date.

Quote:
They're still making Nanoha stuff?

The franchise began running with Triangle Heart, which began with 1998, followed by Triangle Heart 2 in 1999 with its hentai OVA running from 2000-2002 and then in 2004 Akiyuki Shinbou with Masaki Tsuzuki came around and spun-off the Nanoha character from Triangle Heart 3 ~Sweet Songs Forever~, which was released as a visual novel in 2000 and later as an OVA in 2003. So one could technically say that the Nanoha franchises' roots actually dates back 1998 even though Nanoha herself does not make an (cameo) appearance in 2000/2003.
The boat basically stopped in 2007 when StrikerS finished and a number of new mangas (and doujins) continued to come out. US licensing companies did not pick up and release the series until the original ship had long sailed.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Well Eternal Blaze was used in the first promo last month. So I don't think it's confirmed which one is actually going to be used. Maybe both in fact? Though I definitely prefer Brave Phoenix over Pray.

Well, presumably we'll be getting at least two new Nana songs (like Phantom Minds/Don't Be Long for Movie 1st), though I certainly would not be averse to them finding ways of using two new songs, plus Eternal Blaze and Brave Phoenix. Oh, and Snow Rain or another new Ueda Kana song would be nice too...

Using Pray here does seem to lend weight to the idea that a theoretical Movie 3rd would not be based on StrikerS...
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:46 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Well, presumably we'll be getting at least two new Nana songs (like Phantom Minds/Don't Be Long for Movie 1st), though I certainly would not be averse to them finding ways of using two new songs, plus Eternal Blaze and Brave Phoenix. Oh, and Snow Rain or another new Ueda Kana song would be nice too...

Using Pray here does seem to lend weight to the idea that a theoretical Movie 3rd would not be based on StrikerS...

To be frank, Pray was rather poorly placed in StrikerS. For some reason, I feel it's more of an A's song than a StrikerS song. Not entirely sure why though.

I support your idea for an Ueda Kana insert. Have not heard anything from her for quite some time.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

i think all those songs will be used in the movie. not sure what's the problem here.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

i think all those songs will be used in the movie. not sure what's the problem here.

Well, considering that Innocent Starter and Take a Shot weren't used in the first movie (replaced by Phantom Minds and Don't Be Long respectively) I don't know what your basis for Eternal Blaze and Brave Phoenix being in Movie 2nd A's is.
LilithiaHeart

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
A beautiful lilies meadow that will never be bloom. The sun shines on it so brilliantly, and yet... it aches the heart of this yuri fan.

*Cries while reading NanoFate's doujins"
billborden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
LilithiaHeart wrote:
A beautiful lilies meadow that will never be bloom. The sun shines on it so brilliantly, and yet... it aches the heart of this yuri fan.

*Cries while reading NanoFate's doujins"

Considering the implications of the first movie and this PV, I think you might get those lillys you're looking for. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2