• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Cluster Edge, Hakuōki, Upotte!! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
The only one I'm interested in is Hakuoki (yay, a dub!). I got Aksys' english version of the PSP game when it came out back in february and really liked it.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Thats totally two SUNRISE shows there.

Thats pretty significant for all the Gundam Fans out there and SUNRISE fans in genral now that Bandai America have effectivily Closed.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Here comes the Upotte hating.

You yourself said it wasn't very good and aren't watching it.

I'm not interested in it, but I find it amusing how anytime Upotte is brought up, people use it as a lightning rod for why anime today sucks.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Surrender: I was thinking that myself. Sentai could be in for a major lawsuit if some gun collector's little sibling or child sees cartoon characters play with assault rifles and decides to imitate 'em. I hope they put a disclaimer or something on there.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Surrender: I was thinking that myself. Sentai could be in for a major lawsuit if some gun collector's little sibling or child sees cartoon characters play with assault rifles and decides to imitate 'em. I hope they put a disclaimer or something on there.

Well, the same thing can be said for old Warner Brothers cartoon.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:39 pm Reply with quote
As long as they're picking up older and Xebec shows, I wish they'd grab Ladies Versus Butlers too. They can go the full sex appeal route marketing that, no problem.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

It's still better than this travesty
http://www.twitpic.com/9egkqh
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

I don't think that's a realistic concern. I was mostly just expressing the amused confusion that mention of Upotte!! tends to make me feel. I doubt that it's really that easy show that lends itself to really easy imitation.

I'd be more worried that it'd make some guy try to molest a girl in a weird way. But even then, I'd bet that most girls wouldn't ever get that close to most of the people who'd buy Upotte!! on DVD. I mean, I said I might.

Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

I can still see it when I close my eyes!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
GATSU wrote:

I don't think that's a realistic concern. I was mostly just expressing the amused confusion that mention of Upotte!! tends to make me feel. I doubt that it's really that easy show that lends itself to really easy imitation.

I'd be more worried that it'd make some guy try to molest a girl in a weird way. But even then, I'd bet that most girls wouldn't ever get that close to most of the people who'd buy Upotte!! on DVD. I mean, I said I might.

people that watch this anime aren't going to do this they would rather polish their guns or shoot squirrels than do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Cluster's Edge? Clusters Edge! Someone is going to burn in hell for finally picking that BL turkey up spoiler[This anime was Jesus Christ Yaoi set in a faux WW1 setting for *bleep* sake! (I'm really not actually over doing it here - the main character walks on water and heals the sick - the source material for that part of the plot is kind of obvious)]!! Twisted Evil I'm actually half joking here (well the topic alone might get someone sent to hell, mattering on your take on religion Laughing ) but this pickup has to be part of a package deal. Even without the wacky storyline Cluster's Edge was not a good show. It's the one I always trot out when I hear people go on about "never a bad Sunrise show" because friends and fellow posters, this one is bad in so many ways and manages to miss the "So bad it's good" making it a totally mess. Other issues IMO - iffy art style; limited animation (very old school); number of clip show episodes rivals or surpasses Gundam SEED Destiny (they were out at the same time) and only two female characters I can remember ever showing up (and one of them spoiler[is the mother of one of the main males who doesn't last long, if you get my drift]). There's a reason no one picked this one up before now, IMO.

That said, I'll have to buy it someday, if I can afford it, at some point because I downloaded it back in the day Confused . Hey, you didn't think I knew about the above spoilers from just reading about it? Laughing Really, the sacrilegious stuff in the show would have been flat out funny if the show had been "so bad it was good." However, it wasn't and I remembering at the time trying to tell people who hated GSD's clip shows that they hadn't seen too many clip episodes until they tried this one out. So maybe now they'll get to see that and the proof that Sunrise can and does put out bad shows at times Smile .
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh gosh this article just made my night. Bakumatsu is one of my all time favorite shows, and I had recently been thinking about going and rewatching Cluster Edge. (I love the songs the seiyuu did.) And Hakuouki getting licensed is also super awesome news.
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Well anything's better than that!
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

.... Shocked there are no words to describe that....no words..but i have to wonder where did you find that?
dragon695

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

.... Shocked there are no words to describe that....no words..but i have to wonder where did you find that?

Somewhere in Kentucky? Goodness knows why, but for some reason there is a large concentration of bronies down in these parts.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
opn wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Somewhere in Kentucky? Goodness knows why, but for some reason there is a large concentration of bronies down in these parts.

i never understood why MLP is so dang popular i tried a couple episodes and i didn't like it...but i guess people will eat anything up these days though thats kinda off topic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6