• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Cluster Edge, Hakuōki, Upotte!! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:50 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Viz gets Naruto and Bleach

They're still around? Huh.

Yup, but they license so few anime these days, you wouldn't know it. They've been doing much more with their manga catalog lately.

Viz has always been a manga company first than an anime company. Even at their heydays when they occupied half the anime shelves, it was still mostly Ranma 1/2 of which they released a lot of volumes.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I wonder how many more announcements they've got up their sleeve. They've picked up like 1/4-1/2 of the Spring season already.

Bring it on. As far as Im concern, Sentai is the only anime company releasing shit in a reasonable time.

Not interested in any of these, but props to Sentai for releasing anime the way its ment to be: fast and efficient.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Chizuru was borderline useless all the time.

I kept waiting for her to do something useful, too, then gave up after half-a-dozen or so episodes into season one. What a waste of the great Kuwashima Houko's talent. Of course, seiyuu have to eat like the rest of us. Given that Hakuoki sold in the tens of thousands of copies in Japan, I hope she has a good agent that got her residuals.

Sentai seems interested in the 2006-2008 period all of a sudden. I have an idea, Sentai. How about licensing Dennou Coil, Mononoke, Hataraki Man, and Bartender while you're at it? BD releases for the first two would be nice, too. I already have Kurenai on pre-order; my wallet remains ready should you choose to pick up any of the shows in that list.

As for Sky Girls, it was okay, but I thought it relied too much on the "monster-of-the-week" format. I actually liked the amusing specials about fishing perhaps even more than the show itself. Thinking back, if we put Senjougahara in a mecha, she'd look a lot like Ichijou.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
would pick up bakumatsu, but only for the first couple episodes and the soundtrack.
Norbie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
If only Upotte!! came out in a nice BD set - Ahh..... minature guns in a boxed set Rolling Eyes but reality say's it won't; it is after all Sentai, however a dub seems likely.

Be nice
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6