• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Lists Media Blasters as Dissolved as of April 2011

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:56 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
JohnnySake wrote:
From the point of view from someone who actually files such forms for the out of state registrations for the company I work for, this really does not mean a whole lot. All it takes is to not file the form, and pay its associated fees and your company is considered inactive or dissolved in the eyes of that state. It has nothing to do with the financial health of a given company. It could be as simple as not wanting to pay some annual fees to save money.

That being said, I still am hoping Media Blaster pulls through these tough times they seem to be having.

Can a company not pay the state fees and continue business because they are moving out of the state assuming MB is relocating?

Thats what I'm implying.
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
This looks fun.

Last edited by jrnemanich on Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
No you have not called me as I do not know about Andy Vidal.

Also if not by phone than why not an email. I have been in NJ with FD office build out.

But a simple email could not suffice?

How professional?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Based on Justin's comments, I'm just going to assume that this means Media Blasters has become the worlds first rogue anime company. They'll soon relocate to an old pirate ship and proceed to sail the seven seas, releasing anime wherever they go, the law be damned. Laughing

Anime Remix wrote:
Straight from their Facebook

Quote:
Explanation of ANN story.

For all concerned about the ANN story, MB is not out of business or closing down its operation. What happen was the following. MB filed extensions for 2009, 10 and 11. Without notice or us knowing it could happen, the Secretary of State took action. We have now finished our 2009, 2010 and filing and will get the action reversed. We already spoke with them. The company continues to run, continues to release titles. It seems during the last TAF, our competitors decided to spread this paper around which has made life difficult.

As for the article in ANN, they never contacted us nor even gave us a chance to comment.

Yeah, with no particular disrespect to Media Blasters, I'll take Chris' word over theirs in a heartbeat. I also find the idea that a competing anime company is trying to sabotage them downright laughable.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
As for Chris, I know the guy personally and he knows I do not tweet at all. I would respond to FB in a second and him using tweets is downright weird.

Again email? Whatever happen to email?

As far as sabotage, believe what you want but lets just say the only way I found out about this was from TAF where the licensors were told from our competitors.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Sigh one more nail in the coffin and me with out the green right now to get so many titles from them
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Guys in the end believe what you want. The best thing I can do right now is just keep releasing and keep going.

We are working on Fushigi Yugi know, the Kite Blu ray and many other titles. As the titles keep coming out and the months turns into years, you will see the truth.

Not one email...what a joke.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Anime Remix wrote:
Some explaining to do? Confused

We've been calling them all week.

We left 3 voice mails with John Sirabella, and one with Andy Vidal. We also sent an e-mail to Sirabella and Vidal on Monday. Sirabella's bounced, but Vidal's did not.

Can you guys clairfy the rumor that MB is relocating its HQs to an office suite in Seacaucus,New Jersey near its warehouse and therefore will operate in the state of New Jersey?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
No you have not called me as I do not know about Andy Vidal.

Also if not by phone than why not an email. I have been in NJ with FD office build out.

But a simple email could not suffice?

I personally left you several voice mails. I also left one with Andrew.

I tried e-mailing you, but the e-mail address I had was no good (That's not your fault).

The e-mail to Andrew Vidal did not bounce. Perhaps he didn't think it was important enough to act on.

We would have much preferred to have posted the article with your input.

That said, the facts of the article were and remain accurate, and now that you've finally responded, we've updated it with your explanation.

I'm satisfied with our professionalism, and I can't be blamed if you don't check or ignore your voicemail. If you want to continue claiming I never called you, that's fine, your word against mine.

For what it's worth, I'm very happy that you are working towards reinstatement and continued business.

Christopher Macdonald
CEO and Publisher
Anime News Network

Last edited by Tempest on Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Secaucus warehouse was gone more than a year ago and we have The Right Stuf handling fulfillment.

Just last week we moved our FD offices to Belleville, NJ where we will have lots more space for shooting.
blaster
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
You are kidding right?

[email protected] does not work? Really? I only get about 50 emails a day but you could not email me.

ok? and neither can Chris who was contacting me for anime boston week in advance for some screeners to review and contacted me afterwards about it.

No one at ANN could email? Justin? no one?
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
Guys in the end believe what you want. The best thing I can do right now is just keep releasing and keep going.

We are working on Fushigi Yugi know, the Kite Blu ray d many other titles. As the titles keep coming out and the months turns into years, you will see the truth.

Are you guys relocating to Seacacus?.Because that would be the biggest explanation for why it sounds like your no longer listed as operating business in New York.
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:

We are working on Fushigi Yugi know, the Kite Blu ray d many other titles. As the titles keep coming out and the months turns into years, you will see the truth.

Are you guys relocating to Seacacus?.Because that would be the biggest explanation for why it sounds like your no longer listed as operating business in New York.
He's already answered that twice.
Quote:
Secaucus warehouse was gone more than a year ago and we have The Right Stuf handling fulfillment.

Just last week we moved our FD offices to Belleville, NJ where we will have lots more space for shooting.

Last edited by Saffire on Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
blaster wrote:

He's already given an explantation as to what happened and replied to the "rumor". However, considering you are the only person spreading this rumor, then you should know whether or not it's true.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote
blaster wrote:
and neither can Chris who was contacting me for anime boston week in advance for some screeners to review and contacted me afterwards about it.

I assume you are referring to another "Chris." I haven't spoken to you about screeners in years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14