• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Something's Wrong

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Mevious wrote:
FFXII was my favorite in the series, especially because of its battle system, and from the looks of it, FFXIII will have a great system, too. The character designs of XIII never did grab me, but the rest of the game's graphics are gorgeous enough to be a distraction.. then again, I have yet to see the game in action.

XII is my favorite in the series too- I'd really love to see more of that world expanded on. Especially if Basch is involved. Wink

As for XIII, I don't really worry about it too much. I've liked every Final Fantasy I've played, with the only notable dissapointment being IX- but I blame that in part to being rushed through the game by friends who wanted me to finish so they could scream plot spoilers at each other without me leaving the room.

The trick is a) making room for a PS3, and b) getting a PS3. Which is going to take a bit longer than expected since my BF went for a Christmas bombshell and got me a 360, so I've been scrambling to get that settled in with the other 7 systems.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote
Apprantaly you need to do some research.
Quote:

No it is not. In fact the article you posted does not say anything about it dying. Heck it mentions an article about the PS3 perhaps making a profit this year. The PS3 is not doing great but its not dying at all.

Quote:
And Sony is reported to have lost billions on R&D on PS3 and dismal sales and price cuts, no spin or claim of a decrease of production costs is going to save them, Them having problems only serves to give the PS2 more life
You are wrong.

Quote:
and an open spot for SEGA to return to the console market.
You are also stupid. Sega is in no position to make a console. If you believe they could or should you are an idiot.

Code:
Another thing that ought dampen your sprits is the amazing arcade technology that SEGA has in Japan (http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=731) The 256-bit Lindbergh is not only based off of PC techonology from 2005, but it has more power than PS3! Might I remind you that all of SEGA's past consoles are based off arcade boards? So who's to say SEGA can't take Lindbergh and turn it into a console.
The Lindergh is basically just a PC thats just about as good as and Xbox or PS3. VF5 which runs on that arcade board barely makes those systems flinch. Please stop making idiot comments. And Sega would be stupid to try and make a console, they would lose so much money, Heck the probably don't have the money to d it. Please stop being a moron.

Quote:
Also, the reason why EGM shut down isn't because magazines are obsolete its because we are in a video game CRASH!
much like 1984.[/quote]No you are an idiot. EGM crashed because Heast media sees no reason to keep making it. Gaming magazines don't have a great audience these days. The people who like games are the ones on the internet and would rather read the internet then pay $3 for a magazine. Since they can't sell enough mags they don't get a lot of ad revenue which is where they make their money. Oh and game sells are on the up, far from crashing.
Quote:

Don't you know that all the major U.S. publishers EA,Midway,Eidos and THQ are facing bankrupcy?!
LOL again making stupid comments. FIRST IF YOU THINK EA IS NEAR BANKRUPTCY YOU ARE FREAKING DUMB AS ALL HELL. EA just had a bad year, far from Bankruptcy. The others maybe. Midway just hasn't had many hits. THQ lost the Disney or something license but its not near bankruptcy. Edios is no American.

A
Quote:
nd it wouldn't surprise me if Mircosoft and Nintendo are affected too.
You are the biggest idiot ever. Microsoft has tons of money and is ready to spend it to make the xbox successful. Nintendo is in the best of shape in years and trust me they don't need third parties, they could survive on their own for decades to come. Please know your crap.

Quote:
After all the market is oversaturated with too many software and rising development costs have led to the closing of over 30 developers for the past year.
LOL no
Quote:
You should also take a look at the library of games coming out this year, relitivley smaller then it has been for years.
Not really, plus we really don't know the 09 releases. Plus the last 2 years were huge
Quote:

So if you want to make a statement about what's wrong with the video game industry, do research instead of throwing out a theory that sounds like a 15 year old fanboy.
Please take your own advice. You just posted the stupidest gaming related post in this thread. Which is pretty hard as a lot of people here don't seem to know anything about games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:16 am Reply with quote
It's sad to hear about EGM. Of all the multi-system gaming magazine available where I live, they had the best coverage for upcoming games and helped me to decide what games to look forward to. Though since I started buying gaming magazines, I haven't encountered one as professional in covering both domestic and Japanese releases, with shedding some light on some of the hidden gems of games as Game Fan.

As for FFXIII, I've never been a big fan of Devil May Cry or action RPGs, with a few exceptions like Valkyria Chronicles, Parasite Eve and Odin Sphere. So, I hope that the battle system will end up being intuitive despite everyone's description of a 'speedy gameplay'.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
You know the funny part about Cybernator and Metal Warriors? Even though they were anime-influenced original stories, they were STILL better than the sub-standard Gundam games Bandai keeps churning out.
sfried

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Ooh, an FPS for the DS? About damn time. I'm getting rather depressed owning only four or five titles for the system and looking at shelves in EB full of license drek.
You obviously missed out Dementium: The Ward.

Speaking of which, the developer of Dementium and Moon, Renegade Kid, is a pretty reputable bunch. They seem to be working on a new Wii(Ware) title.

And theres no mention of Klonoa remake and Phantasy Star Zero being announced for the US (in the article I mean)? Guess I should hit GameTab more often...

Quote:
Nintendo acquired Monolith, the team behind Xenosaga, parts of Baten Kaitos, and Namco X CAPCOM. Rumors also suggest that Nintendo's working with Yasumi Matsuno (creator of the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre series and self-exiled director of Final Fantasy XII) and Matsuno has worked on nothing but RPG-ish games since 1995. Soon Nintendo will strike out with a stunning new high-budget RPG, combining Matsuno's love of medieval politics with Monolith's propensity for fantasy space opera. It'll take four years to come out, and it'll be amazing.
Now this is something that hasn't occured to me. But if it is true, then it's news to me.
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
You know the funny part about Cybernator and Metal Warriors? Even though they were anime-influenced original stories, they were STILL better than the sub-standard Gundam games Bandai keeps churning out.
Most videogames have better stories than most anime currently being spat out there.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:26 am Reply with quote
sfred: That's because stuff like Halo, MGS, and Metroid, as examples, don't focus on whiny, angsty teens who think war's bad and hate killing their fellow man, even if said man has evil designs.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 am Reply with quote
Unit:
Quote:
That's because stuff like Halo, MGS, and Metroid, as examples, don't focus on whiny, angsty teens

MGS just focuses on whiny, angsty adults. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4