Forum - View topic
NEWS: K-ON Manga's Second Run to End in June


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
thomas8166



Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 81
Location: Tainan, Taiwan
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:28 am Reply with quote
Too bad that we're not going to see any more of the original members, but all good things come to an end, I suppose. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mgosdin



Joined: 17 Jul 2011
Posts: 1274
Location: Kissimmee, Florida, USA
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
thomas8166 wrote:
Too bad that we're not going to see any more of the original members, but all good things come to an end, I suppose. Sad


I somehow don't think we have seen the last of the College group, they will no doubt appear periodically in the High School series.

It may just be that doing two separate series isn't working for some reason or wasn't planned to be more than a limited thing in any case.

Mark Gosdin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msgundam2



Joined: 28 Dec 2005
Posts: 262
Location: Indiana USA
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quote
The college chapters are my favorite. The college setting is not used that ofter in manga/anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yu3lora



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 288
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Sad Aww... Y no Collage life.. Thats my favorite chapter.. Anime cry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reibooi



Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 393
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 am Reply with quote
I would have gone the other way around and gotten rid of the Azusa manga and kept the Collage life one with the original members. I was never a fan of Azusa and so thought it was a nice thing to not have her in the picture but I know there are tons of people out there who love her for whatever reason.

It's somewhat sad. It's not like either manga was doing anything new or interesting but of the two the collage one certainly had a more interesting setting and being centered around the original characters certainly had it's appeal. I wonder if this will be something like the Azusa one will soon be cancelled as well and it will just have a few more chapters or if it's in it for the long haul. The latter would be somewhat depressing. I'm sure as others have mentioned that the main four will make cameo's in the Azusa spin off but still it would have been nice to have the full manga going still.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm not really too surprised. College moe stuff doesn't ever seem popular for whatever reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jarm



Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
I would have gone the other way around and gotten rid of the Azusa manga and kept the Collage life one with the original members. I was never a fan of Azusa and so thought it was a nice thing to not have her in the picture but I know there are tons of people out there who love her for whatever reason.

It's somewhat sad. It's not like either manga was doing anything new or interesting but of the two the collage one certainly had a more interesting setting and being centered around the original characters certainly had it's appeal. I wonder if this will be something like the Azusa one will soon be cancelled as well and it will just have a few more chapters or if it's in it for the long haul. The latter would be somewhat depressing. I'm sure as others have mentioned that the main four will make cameo's in the Azusa spin off but still it would have been nice to have the full manga going still.


Word, I'm not a big fan of Azusa and felt she was the fifth wheel of the group.

Everyone is more interested in the college years of the main cast, hence the calls for a reboot, but I'm sure most fans could live without knowing what Azusa is up to...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Jarm wrote:
Word, I'm not a big fan of Azusa and felt she was the fifth wheel of the group.

Everyone is more interested in the college years of the main cast, hence the calls for a reboot, but I'm sure most fans could live without knowing what Azusa is up to...




she's generally the 2nd most popular K-On girl, so plenty of people care about her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
darkchibi07



Joined: 15 Oct 2003
Posts: 5013
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:50 am Reply with quote
How was K-ON! "the College Years" so far? Were they able to develop the main four even further?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738



Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 3101
Location: wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
Well that suck well I wonder if Yen press is going to put out the 5th and last one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jarm



Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 87
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Jarm wrote:
Word, I'm not a big fan of Azusa and felt she was the fifth wheel of the group.

Everyone is more interested in the college years of the original cast as , hence the calls for a reboot, but I'm sure most fans could live without knowing what Azusa is up to...




she's generally the 2nd most popular K-On girl, so plenty of people care about her.


I didn't say not many people cared about Azusa, I said more people care about the original cast as a whole than Azusa. It's like if everyone had a choice of choosing the main cast over Azusa, I'd wager they'd pick the former.

See, Mio, Yui and Mugi still occupy 3 of the 4 top slots and 3 is greater than 1. =3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
It's quite possible that kakifly can continue the story after the four girls graduate from college.

I personally would love to read/see the lives of the girls as they get older.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kougeru



Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 4371
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
I was actually disappointed in the college years. the high school parts were far more entertaining, in terms of both the original series and the Azusa version. all the other characters that are in the college series kill it for me i think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
amitydaydreams



Joined: 07 Jan 2011
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
bear in mind though, Azusa's going to graduate eventually, so if she goes to the same university the girls might appear in the same manga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StormSky92



Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
amitydaydreams wrote:
bear in mind though, Azusa's going to graduate eventually, so if she goes to the same university the girls might appear in the same manga

Or the manga just might end there. O.o

The author might have the idea now that she is just going to finish up showing the last HTT member's last year in High School. I could this: Azusa graduating and then meeting up with the original 4 again, and that being how the series ends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group