• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Popular Spring Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Accel World's rating is probably deflated a little bit mostly due to Japan complaining about Kuroyukihime's seiyuu not fit to be in the role.

What's "wrong" with her?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Wakazhi wrote:
Hyouka at #1 and Space Bros. at #8? Proving that the majority of people who voted care more about animation budget over substance and good characters.

lol @ people who think Space Brothers is good. It's just an average anime. Nothing special about it. People who those story in jdrama all the time.

People don't vote for animation budget. They vote for what they like.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see Dear My Future not be last. I love it, and Aurora Dream.

My other favorites this season are Nyaruko-san, Sankarea, Hyouka, Kore ha Zombie Desu ka?, Acchi Kocchi and Shirokuma Cafe. However, the pickings this season aren't that great.

I really don't like Accel World or Tsuritama. I tried watching them and got bored quickly.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
I'm glad to see Dear My Future not be last. I love it, and Aurora Dream.

My other favorites this season are Nyaruko-san, Sankarea, Hyouka, Kore ha Zombie Desu ka?, Acchi Kocchi and Shirokuma Cafe. However, the pickings this season aren't that great.

I really don't like Accel World or Tsuritama. I tried watching them and got bored quickly.

you are the only one I think that this season has slim pickings.

My parents both love and are watching kids on the slope and space bros so it is not normal anime I can promise you.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

This season is pretty strong, though, with a wide variety of shows that appeal to different people. I don't think anyone is expected to watch the majority of the season (if you do, then props to you).

Like Sankarea, Accel World picks up around episode 4. Of course, Sankarea's beginning is better, but both of them start off a little slow.
TD912

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
Am I the only person who thinks Mysterious Girlfriend/Nazo no Kanojo X is more than just some kind of weird gross comedy thing?

I think people are focusing too much on the... bodily fluids and ignoring the rest of the show...

There's actually some good romance elements and character interactions here, and while there's some common tropes being used, they actually don't feel cliche.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks Mysterious Girlfriend/Nazo no Kanojo X is more than just some kind of weird gross comedy thing?

I think people are focusing too much on the... bodily fluids and ignoring the rest of the show...

There's actually some good romance elements and character interactions here, and while there's some common tropes being used, they actually don't feel cliche.

there actually a lot of people bloging about it and bamboo hasn't dropped it yet on stream, so I would that is a yes, am I going to watch it, 95% chance of no
shabaz92

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
it has shown better stuff than Hyouka. We shouldn't be surprised that Japanese otaku prefer hype, ecchi and moe over substance.

I was planning on checking out Hyouka, but now I am seriously having second thoughts. Is it really that kind of show?

I actually have yet to find interest in Hyouka. Perhaps I came in with overly high expectations as the show's staff is effectively the entire Full Metal Panic! staff but still, the only things that have really caught my eye thus far is the narration and animation. Everything else is stiff. Keep in mind that the original source is not written by the author of Full Metal Panic! despite composing the script for the show. I see this plus KyoAni's logo plastered as the primary boost here in ratings. I personally would rank Hyouka in top 10 but certainly not top 5, let alone #1.
I bet if they ran a poll 'what is the worst show of spring 2012', Hyouka would rank #1 in that as well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
shabaz92 wrote:
I bet if they ran a poll 'what is the worst show of spring 2012', Hyouka would rank #1 in that as well.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/title/30729/

They did do a most hyped poll for Spring, and Hyouka only was #3... so its actually jumped since it started airing. Poor AKB48 really fell though.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Accel World's rating is probably deflated a little bit mostly due to Japan complaining about Kuroyukihime's seiyuu not fit to be in the role.

What's "wrong" with her?

Sachika Misawa is known more as an idol than a seiyuu. A significant portion (quite probably a majority, though as an outsider looking in it's difficult to know for certain) of the serious seiyuu otaku consider her work to be amateurish and unpolished. When there is a thread about Misawa's performance on the Japanese boards you'll likely see the character 棒 (bō) used often. It literally means "pole" or "stick", and in essence is criticizing her voice acting as stiff and wooden. The more casual fans do not appear to be condemning her quite so strongly, but I don't get the impression that there are many who find her work on this series to be praiseworthy.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
TD912 wrote:

I am digging Mysterious Girlfriend X. It has some neat stuff and is a breath of fresh air from cliche romance series, like you mention.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Poor AKB48 really fell though.

Isn't there a disconnect between the anime otaku and the idol otaku?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I wouldn't really say so, since AKB48 is still projecting to be the top selling show of the season (ignoring Fate/Zero, since its just a continuation). If you're a fan of one, you're probably a fan of both, similar to how anime fans are typically video game fans as well.
superdry

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I wouldn't really say so, since AKB48 is still projecting to be the top selling show of the season (ignoring Fate/Zero, since its just a continuation). If you're a fan of one, you're probably a fan of both, similar to how anime fans are typically video game fans as well.

One of the reasons it should sell well is the fact that one needs to buy all the volumes to be able to send a form in to get an event ticket of some sort. That and it's actually relatively cheap per episode. Besides the discounted volume 1, volumes 2-5 have a MSRP of 7350 yen.

Regarding crossover between anime otaku and wota. It's like a battle of which one you like more. 2D or 3D.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Space Brothers in front of Is This a Zombie? of the Dead can anyone tell me if average Biglobe users are actually otakus?

All I can say is that the average Biglobe user is Japanese and that Japanese tastes(the primary factor in a popularity poll) are decidedly different than the average ANN user.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4