• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Upotte Anime to Air on Japanese TV in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed the pattern going on with this show? First episode was creepy but the second episode was normal. Episode 3, girls rubbing lotion on each other, creepy. Number 4 was the start of the school finals, totally normal. Episode 5, masterbating fairy ear girl, creepy. So I predict episode 6 will be normal and the schools final match will end in victory for L85 and M16. But then after that we will probaby get a beach episode and someone will lose a bikini top while sako stalks funco chan and gets horny. I hope sentai releases a box set with only the even numbered episodes. Smile
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
What about people who would only watch with the DVD set? Episode 6 would be mood whiplash without 5 to set it up.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
*Face palm*
testyal1

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
I have to say one thing about this anime. Britain doesn't use the L85A1 anymore, it uses the A2 version, which is many times more reliable.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote
testyal1 wrote:
I have to say one thing about this anime. Britain doesn't use the L85A1 anymore, it uses the A2 version, which is many times more reliable.

Testyal from the CBB? Kind of surprising meeting you.

Anyway, what prevented Upotte from getting on TV in the first place? Haven't worse shows aired this season?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
bmt528i wrote:
I hope sentai releases a box set with only the even numbered episodes. Smile

You know, even with the smiley face, thats a pretty bad sentiment to have.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
testyal1 wrote:

Testyal from the CBB? Kind of surprising meeting you.

Anyway, what prevented Upotte from getting on TV in the first place? Haven't worse shows aired this season?

It was a Webcast anime on Niconico. I guess they decided to air it on TV later due to positive reception?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen a ONA before, though. I don't think a single anime has aired on the internet exclusively (barring episodes 11 and 12 of Madoka).
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
What about Hetalia? Episodes were only around 5 minutes, so..
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote
There are quite a few ONA's out there, whether or not they ultimately get picked up for TV broadcasting has nothing to do with the fact that they exist. It comes down to wanting to use streaming as the main or only form of broadcasting medium for whatever reason, money, content, whatever.

Fencedude5609 wrote:
bmt528i wrote:

Even if FAILimation were to release this and even if they decided to be selective about which episodes to release, the ones to release would most likely be the odd numbered ones.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
bmt528i wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the pattern going on with this show? First episode was creepy but the second episode was normal. Episode 3, girls rubbing lotion on each other, creepy. Number 4 was the start of the school finals, totally normal. Episode 5, masterbating fairy ear girl, creepy. So I predict episode 6 will be normal and the schools final match will end in victory for L85 and M16. But then after that we will probaby get a beach episode and someone will lose a bikini top while sako stalks funco chan and gets horny. I hope sentai releases a box set with only the even numbered episodes. Smile

No, that's a terrible view to have. As for future episodes, spoiler[Sako transfers again school because she can't take the school over, but leaves Galil behind. And there is a beach episode coming up, but it leads directly to the next big battle arc.] Aside from Sako, I'd say the fanservice has been pretty tame, even the clit/trigger is far less suggestive than shows like Juuden-chan, Hen-Zemi, Seitokai Yakuindomo-I can keep going.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
bmt528i wrote:

No, that's a terrible view to have. As for future episodes, spoiler[Sako transfers again school because she can't take the school over, but leaves Galil behind. And there is a beach episode coming up, but it leads directly to the next big battle arc.] Aside from Sako, I'd say the fanservice has been pretty tame, even the clit/trigger is far less suggestive than shows like Juuden-chan, Hen-Zemi, Seitokai Yakuindomo-I can keep going.

The joke--------->

Your head
superdry

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:

Fencedude5609 wrote:
bmt528i wrote:

Even if FAILimation were to release this and even if they decided to be selective about which episodes to release, the ones to release would most likely be the odd numbered ones.

That's a pretty interested release strategy. I can totally see something like that working out. haha....
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
bmt528i wrote:

People have been saying the same thing about the Star Trek movies! Laughing
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 am Reply with quote
Not sure why this ONA is now getting a broadcast release. Given that the production committee will have to buy air time for it, I don't really see the point. Everyone who is interested in the show will have already watched it, so why spend more money on promoting it?

Just seems a bit odd, is what I'm saying.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1