• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-01-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Keanu Reeves IS playing Spike for sure?

To paraphrase Spaceballs, "Oh shit, there goes the movie."

EDIT: Also, Kiddy Grade? Wow...that was in 2002. So the sequel would be about 7 years late at this point. Granted, this hasn't stopped second seasons from being produced before, but will anyone even care at this point?

EDIT 2: Tell me that THIS doesn't destroy any decent memories you may have had of the original series.

I'm sure 7 years isn't enough to forget about a series. Kiddy Grade was a fun little action series with some breath-taking animation. Honestly, who cares about how old it is anyway? Fans of the original I'm sure would be very interested in seeing a new season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
In may 2007, they released the KG2 pilot preview disc. At the same time, they began showing the KG movies - which was the original series re-done in a series of movies, sort of similar to what they did with Armitage III.

In late 2007 they released the KG movies on DVD, ending with the third movie in December 2007 on DVD.

This past spring 2008 they re-broadcast the original Kiddy Grade series on TV.

VOD internet transmission of the Kiddy Grade series was begun as well.

In May and June of 2008 a special limited edition box set for the original series was released.

So far nothing new for KG 2 since the pilot preview disc was released. I guess I am one of the few in the US who has it.

The website defaults to the KG2 page, but the dates on there were never updated with the years. If you read on down, you can see all the activity since that page went up, and nothing for KG2 past the pilot disc.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Eh...Gonzo stretching themselves thin, maybe? For cryin' out loud, they have enough projects going on as it is, so...I seriously doubt there will be any info on a KG sequel for some time. Unfortunate for the fans of the first series, but what can you do?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Eh...Gonzo stretching themselves thin, maybe? For cryin' out loud, they have enough projects going on as it is, so...I seriously doubt there will be any info on a KG sequel for some time.

That would be the other thing I've been correcting people on for a long time - Gonzo has nothing to do with it. As it says in the encyclopedia article here, the animation studio is asread who, as I said earlier in the thread, are currently working on Minami-ke Okaeri and the only other known project on their plate at the moment is the Minami-ke OVA due out in June.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Danno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 am Reply with quote
I hafta thank Puff for answering a question I didn't know I had. A while ago I was renting the DVDs of Tenchi Universe to rewatch my favorite episodes, and somehow I found myself toggling the audio button on my remote during the OP. Flipping rapidly between the Japanese and English music I thought, damn that's eerie. They sound exactly alike! How the hell did they manage to do that?

I guess the answer was pretty obvious, but pretty darn cool.

Um, just to mention a soundtrack not listed already I like the Brigadoon one a lot, particularly the second CD. For some reason I'm a sucker for songs where orchestras seemingly go awry (think Beatles' "Day in the Life," Seatbelts "No Reply" or "Call Me Call Me," various tracks in Hellsing) and there's some nice tracks for that kind of controlled chaos included. "Deai Wo A-RI-GA-TO" is rather nice too, and I guess deserves credit for being the only song I know of that acts as a fake spoiler for a series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5