• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oni-Con News

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:56 am Reply with quote
Here's a little hint as to what happens at the end of Godannar:

There are some explosions
Nobody dies except the bad guy
They spend most of the episode watching huge breasts bounce around in different situations

There, see? Now when you see it you won't be so upset that you had to wait.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
dubs=waste of time.

That's just your opinion. Market research says most people disagree with you.

Anyways, as I've said before, it does kinda of suck from the perspective of the fan that is watching the whole thing fansubbed. Yeah, you gotta wait a year to see the end, sometimes longer.

But really, to complain is to be naive, foolish and greedy. Its the same as expecting Microsoft not to try to make is software harder to copy, or expecting movie theater owners to provide outlets for you to plug your digicams in.

Sure it sucks, but lets face it, you were watching the show thanks to an illegal, grey market distribution. You can't expect legitimate companies to make decisions that will cater to that grey market, can you?

And what of the majority of people who like their anime dubbed? Should they just sit and wait longer so that you can watch the full show before a licensor acquires the rights and dubs it?

As for us being nice, we've been listening to self-entitlement style complaints from a very small but very vocal portion of the anime market for several years now. The complaints go something like this, "I want to watch this show for free NOW. How dare you, a legitimate business, do something that makes it harder for me." Honestly, I can't balme anyone who has run out of patience with the self-entitlement generation of people who think they deserve everything now and for free. Its the single worst thing that the Internet has done to modern society.

-t
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:00 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
and you mind telling me what percantage of the DVD price is actaully going to the people in Japan?

Somewhere between $10k and $50k an episode.
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:48 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:
and you mind telling me what percantage of the DVD price is actaully going to the people in Japan?

Somewhere between $10k and $50k an episode.

im asking how much of the $30-40 i pay for each R1 DVD get to the people there, not how much they get paid there by the studio for working.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
TMBounty_Hunter wrote:

im asking how much of the $30-40 i pay for each R1 DVD get to the people there, not how much they get paid there by the studio for working.

It just depends on what they agree upon. You can rest assured, however, that royalties are paid back to the Japanese company(s) on all the DVDs you buy.(and sometimes the Seiyuu as well) Regardless of what the amount is, even a minimal amount is better than nothing, seeing as it's always good to compensate someone for the artistic work they spent time creating.
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote
well yay, someone did do eps 25 and 26. big thanks goes out to those kind people Very Happy
cubs2084

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Anime-One released 25 & 26 via IRC. Now I'm happy, and can't wait to buy the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3