• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Anime Fans Worldwide to Celebrate Global Shinkai Day 2009

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandadice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote
well, He's a good director, and I like most of his stuff. But I dunno if a global celebration is in order. I won't be participating.

I thought it was funny that it includes She and Her Cat as one of his 4 anime films, but doesn't include Other Worlds, Egao, or his Ani*kuri short.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Makoto Shinkai has without doubt made my life a more pleasurable experience*, and my respect for the man is virtually boundless, but time zones and a lack of a physical epicentre are what give me doubts about participating in this.
Then again, people communicating electronically about something heartfelt -despite considerable separation between one another- is in a sense appropriate.

*Albeit sometimes a more difficult one. If I ask somebody where they are, there's a certain three-word response they can give which always makes me fall silent, much to their bewilderment. On an unrelated note, 1000th post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1