• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sasami: Magical Girls Club DVD Season Two

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
Well, this review has honestly changed my opinion of the series. My initial reaction to MGC was "Oh god oh god, get it away from me" but now it's probably more of a "it's okay, I guess, but not worth the investment" type of reaction.

Congrats are in order, I guess? Either that or serves me right for prejudging.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I really appreciate it when the reviewer mentions that something is appropriate for the whole family to watch. I'm not one to sit my kid in front of the TV (he only gets 30 minutes a day), but it's fun to know that there is an anime title out there that maybe we could watch together. I love Elmo and Disney, but I would like to get some anime for him too...
The Human Spider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote
I'm very happy to see another open-minded review of SASAMI--I hope it gets more people to give this under-rated, unfairly maligned show a try.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I haven't actually seen season 2 yet, and haven't actually read either review, but in regards to "you will not be embarrassed to share with the whole family." all I have to say is Itoki, Itoki, Itoki. What an embarrassing and out of place character.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm probably the only anime viewer who never notices the animation quality drop in the latter half of a series as Casey said about this title, because I'm always focused on the story aspect of it. All in all, I was not disappointed, and this is a very worthwhile, charming series. Even if not too many other people appreciate it, I always will
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
it is good, mindless entertainment that you will not be embarrassed to share with the whole family.

... unless you are an only male child of college age...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
It's a definate must buy for any sasami fan and any magical girl fan,however most of the otakus would want a little more fanservice in part 2. Sure it should have but not too much,but it definately should've brought the fanservice for part 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
No, no it shouldn't have. You missed the whole point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1