• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black God/Kurokami Manga to End in 3 More Chapters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
It just had to end at Volume 19, didn't it? My OCD is going to go into overdrive once Yen publishes the last volume. It's an uneven prime number. Eeeeeek. Mad 20 volumes would look so much better. Even 18 would look nicer.

It's the exact opposite in my mind. 19 volumes gives them the maximum amount of space to tell a story before hitting 20. 20+ volume series are considered trouble-makers (taking up so much space on my shelves as to be disruptive,) and put in a separate section.

Looking forward to the final volume coming out, so I can read the whole-thing in one pass.
RaZoR No1

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Is there a connection to the Anime Kurokami or is it a complete different plot?
DCR

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
RaZoR No1 wrote:
Is there a connection to the Anime Kurokami or is it a complete different plot?

The anime Kurokami is an adaptation of said manga, yes.
But while the general plot is the same (terra, doppelliners, Kuro and Keita fighting the Shishigami), the anime's story only lously follows the manga's, adds some original characters and has an its own conclusion.

I undertsand that too much volumes could damage the sells, but unfortunately spoiler[there is still such a huge gap between Kuro and her brother/nemesis Reishin's power that they'll have to make her pull a Super Sayan in order to stand a chance].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2