• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne— Anime Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
bighandxyz wrote:
if you're watching this for the ecchi/harem/incest aspect, you're doing it wrong.

this series shine on the heavy dialogue, banter, puns, and comedy based interaction between characters (usually 1 vs 1). Its arc-liked, but plotless, style of comedic and sexual bantering rivals (or even better) than the monogatari series.

There are no settings, no actions, no movements. Just words words words. I am quite curious how the studio will handle the animation because otherwise, most of the scene would literally be 2 characters standing still talking all episodes long with few gestures and exaggerations here and there.

This series will either be AOTY or be complete crap if the studio or VA fails to draw out the dynamics between the distinct character speech and bantering of the characters

Woah dejavu. I just read this on the MAL topic about this anime
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
If I had a nickel for every time a dumb anime is created.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time a dumb anime is created.

You mean every time an anime is adapted from an existing light novel property.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Yawn. Wake me up when they make a yaoi Otōto anime. I'd watch the shit out of that.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Okay legit question for all you incest fans: Has there been a show or manga where the two siblings are blood related, know about it, are very aware of how messed up it might be, but are mutually in love regardless? Doesn't matter if it's boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl. I hear people mention Koi Kaze but is that the only one?

I'm actually interested, because it seems that every time there's an incest production, it appears there's always the "not blood related" card being played.

I personally don't have the kink for it, but I think the use of incest can make for some great psychological story telling, for example the series
Amnesia Labyrinth is dark and interesting on many different levels.
superdry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Okay legit question for all you incest fans: Has there been a show or manga where the two siblings are blood related, know about it, are very aware of how messed up it might be, but are mutually in love regardless? Doesn't matter if it's boy/boy, girl/girl, or boy/girl. I hear people mention Koi Kaze but is that the only one?

Sora's arc in Yosuga no Sora is a rather recent one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4