• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Anime's Long Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:25 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Then again, skintight bodysuits isn't generic fanservice.
Uh. I would say that skintight suits are such a generic form of fanservice that it isn't even restricted to anime.

In the context of Muv-Luv skintightness isn't that much fanservice, because the player gets used to seeing the cadet bodysuits, which are skintight and transparent. After seeing the promo I don't think it is likely that we see those in this series.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:36 am Reply with quote
Mr. Nescio wrote:
superdry wrote:
Uh. I would say that skintight suits are such a generic form of fanservice that it isn't even restricted to anime.

In the context of Muv-Luv skintightness isn't that much fanservice, because the player gets used to seeing the cadet bodysuits, which are skintight and transparent. After seeing the promo I don't think it is likely that we see those in this series.

And MuvLuv Alternative went for a different form of "Adult" than MuvLuv Extra and Unlimited.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
Mr. Nescio wrote:
superdry wrote:

I think that there was some flashback footage of Yui wearing one in the promo.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
I think that there was some flashback footage of Yui wearing one in the promo.
Ah, you are right. At least there were shadows for some cover.
slickchop

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:27 am Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
For anyone who played MLA (though I believe this one is based off a light novel IIRC?) what are the odds that Akane Suzumiya from Kiminozo is in this show? I heard that Muv-Luv is sort of an alternate dimension with some Kiminozo characters, but I don't recognize any other those names from age's previous title.

They are in Alternative.

Total Eclipse is a prequel of sorts to the Alternative timeline. I wouldn't count on them being but at the same time, I wouldn't count it out yet because age likes cameos. At least, they did with Akane Maniax.

In the original Total Eclipse story, you can't find Akane. But, the directer of this anime loves "kiminozo" and he is wondering how he can make an anime-only episode for Suzumiya sisters and Mitsuki to be a part of. The directer and Kouki Yoshimune, the autor of Muv-Luv, said so in the event "TE Memorial Night Powered by Muv-Luv" which was held at Yokohama BLITZ in April 7th.

Actually, you can see Yuuhi in this long promo who does NOT appear in the original TE story. That means you have a slight chance to meet Akane in this show.

Sorry for my poor English. (I am Japanese, you know.)
slickchop

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Musical artists Minami Kuribayashi, GRANRODEO, and ayami will contribute to the project.

Quote:
That's...weird. I heard they weren't going to reveal who's doing the OP and ED until it came out.

Kouki Yoshimune officially announced those artists in the event "Niconico Live Broadcast" which was held in May 20th.

He also said some more artists to be announced later. I hope JAM, Masami Okui, and Aki Misato would be involved.

BTW, Minami will sing ED, so GRANRODEO must be OP.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
slickchop wrote:

>Not JAM Project
>Not Okui Masami

WHY YOU DO THIS JAPAN!?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to see this.
slickchop

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:20 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
slickchop wrote:

>Not JAM Project
>Not Okui Masami

WHY YOU DO THIS JAPAN!?

Pls. read carefully. Kouki Yoshimune said "More artists will be annouced."
That means, hopefully, JAM and Okui will be involved later in the season.

By the way, Avex is one of the promoter of TE anime. Avex is a big promotion company in music business in Japan. So, soundtrack and other music will basically depend on the musicians who belong to Avex such as ayami.

On the other hand, GRANRODEO (who sings OP of Muv-Luv Chronicles and AyuMayu alternative) and JAM are belonged to LANTIS. Okui-san has her own label. Because of that, they will NOT appear in TE anime normally.
However, like you and me, a lot of fans are expecting JAM and Okui. So, I guess Kouki Yoshimune and AGE negotiate with AVEX to allow them to sing in TE anime.

Well, JAM and Okui-san's name are not announced yet, but let's see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2