Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse to Debut at Anime Expo




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
opn



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 904
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xanas



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 2057
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
You don't have to wait to buy a release of it from here immediately, you can buy a Japanese one or buy figures or whatever else related to the anime to support it that you want.

I like Todd Haberkorn, but I'm not sure if he would be in this. He's done a good job in most of what I've seen him in though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Emerje
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 10 Aug 2002
Posts: 6812
Location: Maine
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote
So I guess that means no simulcast? I suppose if it is FUNi that gets this then it would probably take a few weeks before they start running it anyway.

Emerje
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3512
Location: earth
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.


but if this is aniplex, it will be expensive. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
enurtsol



Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 13671
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:48 pm Reply with quote
They should use English with Sarah Palin accent! Tina Fey! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
opn wrote:
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.


but if this is aniplex, it will be expensive. lol


It doesn't look like Aniplex is involved with this one. Avex is at least part of the production committee (the encyclopedia here lists them under production), but dunno if they also have publishing and international rights.

Does anyone know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3512
Location: earth
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
opn wrote:
ugh hoping that this isn't being screened by funi because this looks like the type of anime i'll like quite a bit and i don't want to wait till 2015 to buy a release of it with a todd haberkorn enfested dub.


but if this is aniplex, it will be expensive. lol


It doesn't look like Aniplex is involved with this one. Avex is at least part of the production committee (the encyclopedia here lists them under production), but dunno if they also have publishing and international rights.

Does anyone know?


Aniplex has anime right to some anime that they don't involved.
They also don't release some anime that they involved, they let funi release their lower tier anime. They are only after the popular anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

Aniplex has anime right to some anime that they don't involved.


Do name a series that Aniplex JP has international rights to that they were not involved with at all. I'm curious.

That's why I asked if anyone knows if Avex (one of the listed production companies, TV Tokyo is another) has publishing or international rights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 3512
Location: earth
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Aniplex has anime right to some anime that they don't involved.


Do name a series that Aniplex JP has international rights to that they were not involved with at all. I'm curious.

That's why I asked if anyone knows if Avex (one of the listed production companies, TV Tokyo is another) has publishing or international rights.

international rights are not important for me. I don't even have time to do all the research for you.
As long as they can release the bluray or release the imported bluray in US. that's good enough for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

international rights are not important for me. I don't even have time to do all the research for you.


Uh uh. Thats not how it works. You made the assertion, so its up to you to back it up.

If you just pulled it out of your ass, why should we even bother to listen to you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
superdry wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Aniplex has anime right to some anime that they don't involved.


Do name a series that Aniplex JP has international rights to that they were not involved with at all. I'm curious.

That's why I asked if anyone knows if Avex (one of the listed production companies, TV Tokyo is another) has publishing or international rights.

international rights are not important for me. I don't even have time to do all the research for you.
As long as they can release the bluray or release the imported bluray in US. that's good enough for me.


You don't even have to do any, or maybe a little, research with the statement you made. You should know at least one series that Aniplex has rights too that they were not involved with at all.

I'm curious because I've never heard of anything like that happening before.

Also, unless you import directly from Japan, international rights should be important to you. It's actually very important for seeing shows released outside of Japan (licensed or official import).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group