• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Block to Air Casshern Sins, Deadman Wonderland

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Arsenette wrote:
Hmm that's Adult Swim.. do we know what Toonami during the day will carry?

This is Toonami now. As was stated, they have very little budget now so they have to make do with the time slot they have now. If they can prove to be a success, they might get a better timeslot.
supercreep

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Arsenette wrote:
Hmm that's Adult Swim.. do we know what Toonami during the day will carry?

I'm pretty sure that Toonami is not returning in the afternoon. As far as I know, Toonami will just exist as a block on Adult Swim.

Which is totally fine with me.

I can't say whether or not I will watch these shows, but the least I can do is record them so I can give the ratings a tiny boost.

Last edited by supercreep on Mon May 21, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
How does the price scale go for broadcast rights when the show's been licensed for R1 distribution?
Stark700

Ye, Casshern Sins is bit of an underrated series so I'm glad it's on that schedule. I'm also considering re-watching Deadman Wonderland the OVA especially after reading some good reviews on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

publicenemy333 wrote:
With luck, we might get it on the weekdays too. Even if the weekday airings arent as convinient for us anymore, its a good way to the the younger viewers into anime like it got us when we were young. And we could have the saturday night ones to show us the (slightly more) uncensored versions.

Nope, this is being done by Toonami, not Cartoon Network. They're two separate networks that share channel space. Maybe the best you could hope for is some expansion to Adult Swim's other weeknight slots, but that seems highly unlikely if ratings/money is brought up as a major concern.

Aside from shows who watched Deadman Wonderland legally, Casshern is kind of old now. It's going to be 4 years this fall, and it's been out on DVD/BD for quite some time, not to mention on FUNi's network. I can't say that anyone who wants to see it would have by now, but it's not just at all exciting for anyone curious about a dub, they get the whole show watched before it even airs if they so wish. Same with Deadman, sans the dub.
Arsenette

Ooooooh I see. Shame Toonami isn't during the day. Maybe if they get ratings (and more importantly money) they can expand to afternoon again. Thanks for the correction!
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well I look forward to seeing Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, I haven't seen either of them before.
But I do have to agree with Sunday Silence, why are they still showing Bebop?
I mean I love Bebop, but why not put some of the shows such as Yu Yu Hakusho, Outlaw Sar or Trigun that are what older fans want to see?
Their April Fool's line up was all of the classic titles.
I'd even love to watch IGPX if they put it back on air, though I doubt they'll touch it with the low performance it got.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I actually would've stuck Durarara on the schedule instead of GiTS, just to hope that the added fanfare that the Toonami ressurection brings would get some new eyes on the show. It seemed to fly under the radar during the [as] broadcast, and unlike GiTS, the show isn't on a whole bunch of different venues.

Last edited by Primus on Mon May 21, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:

BeBop gets ratings and it's a fantastic show. Amazed anyone complains about that.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
More serious, non-episodic series at a late night block. Sad It doesn't bode well.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Pretty typical lineup, though they have to work with what they got (even if I'd like to see something like Wolf's Rain, YYH, or RuroKen aired instead). Casshern Sins I found to be terribly boring and uninteresting, though I will be keeping an eye on Deadman Wonderland. I only hope they can air old hits besides Cowboy and GitS if this does well.
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Ovan~the~Rebirth wrote:
Well I look forward to seeing Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, I haven't seen either of them before.

Ditto!

Quote:

Because it still rakes in the ratings with their key demographic. I remember Brain (Hey Answerman) said that it still gets over 300,000 key demographic viewers and that's at 2:30am in the morning.

Last edited by joelgundam00 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I like the Block, now instead of just Bleach I also have Casshern & Deadman to watch, and I'm glad Demarco is Considering Panty & Stocking. And seeing as he's a fan of One Piece guess theres a chance it could end up on the block later on as well.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote

This person running Toonami worries me. How can you be in the business of getting anime shows and not know Crunchy...?
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Nope, this is being done by Toonami, not Cartoon Network. They're two separate networks that share channel space.

What.

I did not know this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 17