• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Full Metal Panic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:33 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Is Gonzo going to be involved with this one or Kyoto Animation?

It will be produced by Kyoto Animation, but I kinda wish that Gonzo still have the rights to FMP, since the first series was so great.

Added that to the anime's encyclopedia page.

Use this link: anime#4449 to add info whenever new verifyable information is learned

Does anyone know which broadcaster will most likely air this series?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:05 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Does anyone know which broadcaster will most likely air this series?

I would guess Fuji TV, since they aired the Fumoffu series last year, but I'm not 100% sure.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:54 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:
Is Gonzo going to be involved with this one or Kyoto Animation?

It will be produced by Kyoto Animation, but I kinda wish that Gonzo still have the rights to FMP, since the first series was so great.

Uh yeah that's your opinion I for one am glad that it's Kyoto animation doing the 3rd series and not Gonzo. I've found the 1st series to be medicore it had potential to be better but it ended up being just plain decent.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
This sould be interesting. In my opinion mixing comedy with action really hampered the first FMP!, so hopefully they will focus on a good plot.

"Fullmetal Alchemist" proves that the two can be mixed in the hands of a good director/writing staff. FMP's director didn't do that, and then added that hideous episode with the mecha competition. A Japanese friend of mine tells me that FMP fans there don't even acknowledge that episode. *lol*

Anyway, since this sequel will be based off of a couple of novels, it will be more along the lines of FMP and contain a serious story (or stories). It will be interesting to see if any short-story humor shows up or not.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Fullmetal Alchemist" proves that the two can be mixed in the hands of a good director/writing staff. FMP's director didn't do that, and then added that hideous episode with the mecha competition. A Japanese friend of mine tells me that FMP fans there don't even acknowledge that episode. *lol*

Very true, but Fullmetal Alchemist incorperated comedy within episodes and still focused on the serious story. There have been many shows who can do this, but I would only consider them action/adventure. FMP! on the other hand would give you a couple of episodes devoted to telling a serious story then throw in a goofy comedy episode. This would really break up the plot and make it rather weak. There should still be comedy, but only to compliment the main storyline.
NetDiver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:57 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
How long are the novels?

Around 200 pages a piece. You can find them with Google.

Anyway it's great that there'll be a sequal Smile. FMP 1st season had its ups and downs but it came through as a winner in the end, in my book at least. Haven't seen the 2nd season as I'm waiting for ADV to release it Confused. At least I can read the novels while waiting Wink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2