• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works' Tari Tari Anime Ad Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
I mean, I want this to be good. I really liked True Tears and Canaan by P.A. Works.

But then Angel Beats, Another, and Hanasaku Iroha all let me down.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
Hope this will be good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
I mean, I want this to be good. I really liked True Tears and Canaan by P.A. Works.

I understand that tastes differ, but seriously, you have this backwards. Very Happy
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:36 am Reply with quote
I loved both Angel Beats and Hanasaku Iroha, and am a big fan of slice-of-life, coming-of-age stories, so I hope this one will be right up on my list of favorites come the end of the line.

The music sounds so sweet and peaceful!

Does anyone know which cast member is doing the voice over on this ad? I assume it is the short, reddish haired one, based on the timbre of the voice, but I could be wrong...
-MgZ_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Nice joke.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't focus much on the Drama and such like Tamayura. I hope they balance everything out.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
I loved both Angel Beats and Hanasaku Iroha, and am a big fan of slice-of-life, coming-of-age stories, so I hope this one will be right up on my list of favorites come the end of the line.

The music sounds so sweet and peaceful!

Does anyone know which cast member is doing the voice over on this ad? I assume it is the short, reddish haired one, based on the timbre of the voice, but I could be wrong...

Internet High-Five, I am really looking forward to this series my-self and dammit it all p.a. works can draw some nice back-grounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
-MgZ_ wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

Nice joke.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't focus much on the Drama and such like Tamayura. I hope they balance everything out.

be fair another was horribly paced and annoying as all get out it it's first 5 episodes. I droped it multiple times before episode 5, so I can't comment. and canaan had a very good start. but how can you hate iroha and angel beats.
kazume

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:55 am Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
Fletcher1991 wrote:

I understand that tastes differ, but seriously, you have this backwards. Very Happy

He certainly does... like damn son what the...

Hanasaku Iroha was amazing (excluding the travesty that was episode 3 of course,) but it was an amazing coming-of-age tale not seen in years in anime)

Also rumor has it there will be a sequel to it sometime in the near future, maybe 2013? Smile
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
lol just so you guys know I didn't mean I hated them, I was just disappointed in them. In other words they didn't live up to my expectations, especially Angel Beats! The ending especially was bad imo (not because it was sad, but because I thought it was super rushed and over-dramatic without the proper character development to back it up).

Hanasaku Iroha was enjoyable but I just didn't get blown away. Another was decently good but it never struck home for me either.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1