• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Motto To Love Ru -Trouble- Sub.DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
notazaku wrote:
Well Riko>Rito. Now I'm curious how it would play out.

A straight up yuri harem where he/she gets all the girls...that would defy the laws of physics in 2d world.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
notazaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Anime could use some Yuri harems. TLR with Rito as Riko permanently would be an improvement, but what about a real all girl harem? Like if Strawberry Panic was a harem series. Does such an anime exist? It would certainly be... um... interesting.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
notazaku wrote:
Anime could use some Yuri harems. TLR with Rito as Riko permanently would be an improvement, but what about a real all girl harem? Like if Strawberry Panic was a harem series. Does such an anime exist? It would certainly be... um... interesting.

Queen's Blade Rebellion is effectively a yuri harem centered on Annelotte.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Koihime Musou has several cases of girls having all-girl harems.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
However since yabuki was screwed over by ex haruna really can't be used anymore do to copyright issues and being based on her. I guess this what happens when you make a manga with your girlfriend/wife or lover and they go nuts.

Let this be known that this is the first and probably only time I will quote you, because I generally think you're [do not insult/attack other users]. But this one time you bring up a legitimate point. Creators should not be influenced by the current loves of their lives. I'm currently watching He is My Master, and I can't help but wonder what might have been if Mattsu hadn't hung his artwork with the horrible bitch that was his ex-wife at the time. I really wish there had been some acceptable conclusion to this series (acceptable by my standards, of course) instead of the "Yup, the end, deal with it" conclusion that we actually got.
notazaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I forgot all about Koihime Musou. There were definitely more than a couple Yuri relationships happening in that show.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

Too bad it's an sub only release. Guess will have to skip this and stick to the Ikkitousen,Girls Bravo & Queens Blade releases since those releases also HAVE eng dubs included.

I agree with you, and DVD only at that. Truly sad. This show is honestly better than the ones you mentioned I think. I can't speak for Queens Blade, but I did not like Ikkitousen and Girls Bravo was just "ok".
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Quick question, does this DVD have the episodes censored (What they showed on Japanese TV) or uncensored (The post production on the Japanese DVDs)?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
Quick question, does this DVD have the episodes censored (What they showed on Japanese TV) or uncensored (The post production on the Japanese DVDs)?

Given that the episodes they are streaming on TAN are uncensored, clearly the DVD will have them uncensored.

I don't know of any U.S. anime distributor that would release a DVD using the censored broadcast version.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
TheAnagelic1 wrote:

Given that the episodes they are streaming on TAN are uncensored, clearly the DVD will have them uncensored.

I don't know of any U.S. anime distributor that would release a DVD using the censored broadcast version.
Ah okay, just checking.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:

Section23 did with Papillion Rose.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3