• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Benihana Anime Ad

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conorvansmack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:11 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
The best part was with the Haters. They need to do a spin-off with them.

FO SHIZZLE!
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
dreamless wrote:
dreamweaver wrote:
The goofy chinese theme for the marketing campaign seems... lame. Then again maybe lame isn't the right word. Heck i can't seem to pin it down but there's something that just sorta turns me off.
Maybe that's cos I'm chinese and I understand what the voiceover is actually saying :p

And oh hey by the way the subtitles are waaaaaaay off and not a literal translation of what the narrator is babbling about.

yup the chinese voice-over instantly puts me off, the lines sound so lame, and the voice acting is just so bad and pretentious... but it does make a good laugh for me Laughing

OK then, since i don't know chinese, what are they saying?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Twage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, come on now. Don't you all think you're being a little demanding of a commercial from a small restaurant chain? They obviously can't afford Madhouse here.

I thought it was weirdly funny, particularly the tollbooth part and random declaration of love.
biliano*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
That LeBron James commercial is awesome.

It's so stylish, yet holds so true to what he must be facing this early in his NBA career.

Good luck to ya' Bron! Wink

Right on! And screw everyone that thinks the commercial was bad, it shows the excellence of King James, the savior that wll break the dreaded Cleveland Curse that has plague my great city for over 40 years.
Goshin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:51 pm Reply with quote
biliano wrote:
Right on! And screw everyone that thinks the commercial was bad, it shows the excellence of King James, the savior that wll break the dreaded Cleveland Curse that has plague my great city for over 40 years.

Ah, yes. I remember now. Michael Jordan had a great part in that. How I miss those days... Wink

The commercial was pretty much average. I didn't like the animation or the character designs. But for a small restaurant chain it was, ok.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:42 am Reply with quote

A better pic of the Benihana Viper.
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:08 am Reply with quote
*shivers*
I hope the animators are going to do Hirikiri. That animation doesn't fit anime. I haven't eaten at a Benihaha before and I probably won't.

Though I saw it on the web so I can't vouch for the the commercial on TV.

*shivers again*

Ranmah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranmah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:19 am Reply with quote
I liked the chamber of fear better. I saw some segments of the commercial in Taiwan. Very cool. Shoes are too expensive.

I think the Kung-Fu guy looks like the guy from Enter the Dragon. I could be wrong.

Ranmah
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quote
Is Benihana actually affordable? I'd like to eat there, but the one in L.A. makes me think you have to be loaded to dine there.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:20 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Is Benihana actually affordable? I'd like to eat there, but the one in L.A. makes me think you have to be loaded to dine there.

It depends on what your definition of affordable is. The menu offers main dishes from about $15 all the way up to $35. I usually get Hibachi Steak, which is like $20 or so. For that you get soup, salad, shrimp appetizer (like 3 little pieces but still good) veggies, and i think fried rice is actually extra, because it comes with steamed rice, it's like $2.

It's not the kind of thing you could afford all the time, but for special occasions or every once in awhile it's fine.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote
Tarzan Yamada's Website wrote:

What's New in Tarzan's World

Tarzan Yamada broke the fastest lap at Tsukaba yet again in the Sun Auto Cyber Evo on DATE. With a lap time of TIME, it's going to take a fierce competitor to break Tarzan's record. Even if comebody breaks the record, Tarxan has vowed to shatter the competition and regain his title.

I think someone forgot to finish their article....
Twage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Tarzan Yamada's Website wrote:

What's New in Tarzan's World

Tarzan Yamada broke the fastest lap at Tsukaba yet again in the Sun Auto Cyber Evo on DATE. With a lap time of TIME, it's going to take a fierce competitor to break Tarzan's record. Even if comebody breaks the record, Tarxan has vowed to shatter the competition and regain his title.

I think someone forgot to finish their article....

LOL. Yikes. I've been there. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2