• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in the Philippines.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I think it was ABS-CBN. It could've been Studio 23. But I know when I visited there 3 years ago, there was a different English dub of Digimon.
ryokuzen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:55 am Reply with quote
well hi there...

here in the philippines, local channels dub the animes in filipino.
its a way to better understand the anime especially for kids.

well, animax-asia in the philippines are all dubbed in english...
hehe
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:32 am Reply with quote
ryokuzen wrote:
well, animax-asia in the philippines are all dubbed in english...
hehe

Actually, some of them are dubbed in English. Most of them are subtitled in English. Besides, Animax-Asia isn't based in the Philippines; it's based in Hong Kong.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
ryokuzen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:34 am Reply with quote
hehe...sorry about that!

but actually we are experiencing it the other way around...
most of our anime here in animax are english dubbed... the japanese dubbed are from 11pm-12midnight only!
right now its dr. dokiri (soon to be replaced by GTO) and lamu the invader girl...are the animes in japanese!

in short... the rest of the anime are all dubbed in english!

Razz
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:00 am Reply with quote
Wow...a lot has changed since I went to Manila six months ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
ryokuzen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:06 am Reply with quote
hehe..

definitely true...

right now GMA7 is playing full metal panic...
well, anime freaks here are a little disappointed because...
ehem.. they put mosaic on the girls with flying skirts showing their.. ehem... undies... Embarassed

but anyways... the traditional trait here in the philippines os that our seiyuus will do the dubbing... the filipino style... i mean with the humor and the accent our culture has!

now rumors are also spreading that ABS-CBN bet to confront FMP is the SeeD GunDam... gosh tagalized See.... hmmm?

well this the line up of ABS vs GMA in anime

ABS-CBN__________________GMA
Get Backers_______________One Piece
Ragnarok:Online the Anime___Full metal Panic
(soon to end)______________(episode 2 last dec 15)
Masked Rider: Ryuki_________Slam Dunk
_________________________(they even added the OAVs too)
this is their afternoon line up!
anime is now rebuilding again since F4 and "telenovels", aKa the foreign soap operas, invaded the country, anime went down in full scale! at least i am glad now its over... for now... huhuhuhu

i wish there was a Filipino made anime that will be popular soon!
well... these are our updates... anime still rocks! we even got plenty of Anime cosplayers here!
AlterGenesis-X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey, that's interesting. Here I thought I'd be leaving behind my anime when I visit the Philippines tomorrow. I keep a look at out for any good anime/manga. Smile
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:52 pm Reply with quote
AlterGenesis-X wrote:
Hey, that's interesting. Here I thought I'd be leaving behind my anime when I visit the Philippines tomorrow. I keep a look at out for any good anime/manga. Smile

How long will you be staying there? Keep us up to date with what's showing on local TV and ANIMAX-Asia.
AlterGenesis-X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
AlterGenesis-X wrote:

How long will you be staying there? Keep us up to date with what's showing on local TV and ANIMAX-Asia.

Oh, for sure. I'll be there for 2 weeks, my flight is at 9 PM today. I'm not sure if I can hog the TV from my relatives though.Confused But, I'll try my best to research the current anime scene in the Philippines. I'll be back here on Jan 11/05 and post anything if I found any new anime information.
AlterGenesis-X

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
WEll, I happen to run by an internet cafe in the Phlippines, so here I am. I've only been able to catch a few glimpses of the anime on TV here. But, on ABS-CBN, they feature tagalog versions of Gundam Seed. On ANIMAX, the main feature is Gensomaiden Saiyuki. ANIMAX will also soon feature the following:

- Saber Marionette J Again
- Daa! Daa! Daa! (UFO Baby!)
- Ghost in the Shell
- Get Backers

Also, there are some kids shows as well. I couldn't quite catch the names. I'll look more into this as I get the time. Smile From the Philppines, Happy New Year!
DribblinSpice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:13 pm Reply with quote
HOI MGA PINOYS WUSSUP?? This is Patrick REPPIN for canada holla! I loved DBZ when I visited there this August!
bogmali

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the mere mention of these animes (Voltes V and Daimos) gave me the flashbacks when I was growing up back there. I was one of the millions that was outraged when the then president Marcos decided to pull the plug on all animes shown on tv cause i guess kids were just putting homeworks aside (and eventually forget about them) and would rather watch their favorite anime shows. Lets see if someone in here still remembers the anime lineup they had back then. There were showing them every mondays thru friday at 6 PM. I think there was one that came on every saturdays.
DribblinSpice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
OHHHH SHIET yeah around saturday mornings after the televised chinese soap opera or somethin, voltes 5 would come on, not only that, double dragon, umm masked rangers or somethin like that and THE GRASS HOPPER DUDE!! DAMN I FORGET HIS NAME it's not anime but it was related to the saturday shit I watched, DRAGON BALL WAS PRETTY SWEET BACK THEN TOO!
ryokuzen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quote
DribblinSpice wrote:
HOI MGA PINOYS WUSSUP?? This is Patrick REPPIN for canada holla! I loved DBZ when I visited there this August!

mabuhay ka rin dude....

wow... hehehehe due to some mis-understanding in my office works... i didn't have the time to browse the net!

anyways hear i am again back from the grave...

yep abs-cbn is playing gundam seed tagalized. i hope they will also broadcast seed destiny... (good luck to me Razz)

i think the grasshopper your saying might be "masked ride black"?
hehehe...
anyways... full metal panic moved to the next season... the one with the ultimate mascot butano-kun... hehehe
hehehe... it's really funny full of MIS-adventures...

the Ghost in the shell: SaC 2nd GiG was also rumored to be televised in animax... hmmm...

saiyuki reload and gunlock are also plugged by animax... but the big question is when?

i hope they will maintain it in japanese dubbed... i think it suits the anime... i am having a wierd feeling if its in english dubbed...

well this is my update for now... ey those filipinos out there...
magparamdam naman kayo dyan!

ciao!
DribblinSpice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
yeh meng fo sho, I don't remember the name but he rode a motorcycle that looked like a grasshopper it was sweet though haha anyways I'm off to watch some Rurouni Kenshi (samurai x) haha[Peashh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11