• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nitroplus Music's Producer Shingo Minamino Passes Away After Stabbing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't the headline "Nitroplus Music's Producer Shingo Minamino Murdered in Stabbing" sounds 'rediculous', personally.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, thats horrible. I feel for his family. Stabbing is an awful way to die. Sad
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
That's extremely messed up. I pray for the family, and I pray the person that did this gets the death penalty.

RIP
What a horrible thing to happen.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
He reportedly said that he was thinking of committing suicide, but would kill someone with a knife he purchased near the scene of the crime and thus be executed.

I can't even begin to express how much this sort of thing upsets me. Such a waste of life, both in terms of the needless deaths, as well as to describe the man who felt he had to take others down with him.
Konopan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Police assisted suicide must not be a big thing over on theother side of the Pacific.
SoandSo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Are people seriously bitching about the headline?

It's deeply unfortunate that anyone had to die at all, let alone for something so absurdly stupid, selfish and pointless.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
With the mention of the elderly woman, I wonder if Minamino heard her cries (or just stumbled into the situation) and tried to protect her from the attacker. If that's the case, then I'd say that Minamino died a hero.

Not that I'm trying to make light of his death - but I think that, if he was trying to protect her (or even she him..it's possible), that their efforts should be recognized.

I've been to this particular area in Osaka and it's not that safe. I wouldn't want to be there, alone, and at night. And this is coming from someone who is accustomed to large cities.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Suicides have been an exceptional issue in Japan; unfortunately, some try to take other people with them. RIP.

Cutiebunny wrote:
With the mention of the elderly woman, I wonder if Minamino heard her cries (or just stumbled into the situation) and tried to protect her from the attacker.

He was attacked first before the woman 100 feet away.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
RIP

Quote:
He reportedly said that he was thinking of committing suicide, but would kill someone with a knife he purchased near the scene of the crime and thus be executed.

The situation was already sad but this actually makes me angry. If it was a mugging or just a murder psycho, I could at least understand it but this... this is murdering two people because you have too much bitchassness to do the job yourself.

I hope they throw the dude in the most butt rapiest jail in all the land for the rest of his life.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Quote:
The police arrested a 36-year-old unemployed man that they identified as Kyōzō Isohi.

Uh oh... you know where this is going.

That's right, it was yet another hiki.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
I honestly find this disgusting.

It's bad enough that someone was driven to the state of mind that they would consider suicide, but they had to take the next step in taking the life of two, innocent bystanders with them just so that they could have a chance of achieving their preferred method of death. It's sickening. Neither victim deserved such an unexpected and grisly end.

There is a special place in hell for people like Isohi (if he is found to be the guy who did it; if not, then there's a special place for the guy who did do it).

My thoughts are with the victims' friends and families.
Sparvid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Flat out saying "I committed this crime in order to get punishment X" is a guarantee to not get that punishment, right?
divinemango

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
A tolerant and rational society has few effective ways to deal with irrational beings. Except perhaps some kind of genetic modification or implants whose sole purpose is to prevent people from committing violence against other registered humans.
aohige

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:38 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Quote:
The police arrested a 36-year-old unemployed man that they identified as Kyōzō Isohi.

Uh oh... you know where this is going.

That's right, it was yet another hiki.

I had to make an account here just to correct this....

The suspect is not a hiki.
He was a convicted felon who just got released from prison in Tochigi just last month, traveled to Osaka and commited this crime.
He was suicidal, but he was not a hiki.

He was a homeless criminal fresh out of jail.

The governor of Osaka is under hot heat, he publically said to the suspect "Murderer. If you wanted to die so badly, just kill yourself. Don't involve others."

He's getting lots of flame as being inappropriate and insensitive, but to hell with them.
I agree with the man myself.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:24 am Reply with quote
divinemango wrote:
A tolerant and rational society has few effective ways to deal with irrational beings. Except perhaps some kind of genetic modification or implants whose sole purpose is to prevent people from committing violence against other registered humans.
First off, the man was hardly "irrational" - he decided he wanted to be executed and rationally decided he needed to kill people to get his wish. Humans - even the worst schizophrenic - are rational beings; we all use directed efforts to attempt to satisfy our wants, even if that's just to satisfy the voices in our heads. Second, how the hell is screwing around with somebody's mind "tolerant"? And who would decide who's human? Would the Thirds count?

Last edited by Polycell on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3