• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chewbacca Stars in Dragon Ball GT Movie

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't really judge this guy's voice acting skills, since all I've really heard him do is roar.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I can't really judge this guy's voice acting skills, since all I've really heard him do is roar.

If it is the guy in the chewie suit, that roaring wasn't him. They dubbed the roars and chewie noises over into the movie in editing.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:37 pm Reply with quote
At least he'll have a better script to work with than he will with Revenge of the Sith.
bnewhall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
You can hear Peter Mayhew's voice on a few Star Wars documentaries here and there, particularly the new ones in the original trilogy box set. He has a lovely, soft British voice.

I'll be very interested to hear him. There are too few good British actors doing anime voice-overs; I hear some Americans attempting British accents and cringe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
At least he'll have a better script to work with than he will with Revenge of the Sith.

Wow GATSU, is it really that bad? How in the world did you get your hands on the script? They're usually so hush hush with all the lawsuits and all. Rolling Eyes
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
bnewhall wrote:
You can hear Peter Mayhew's voice on a few Star Wars documentaries here and there, particularly the new ones in the original trilogy box set. He has a lovely, soft British voice.

I'll be very interested to hear him. There are too few good British actors doing anime voice-overs; I hear some Americans attempting British accents and cringe.

true him saying it in english did give something for Harrison Ford to work off from for preformance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote
greenwolf: We all know Lucas doesn't have a script, which is why the last two prequels sucked so badly.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:48 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
greenwolf: We all know Lucas doesn't have a script, which is why the last two prequels sucked so badly.

Rather, he did have a perfectly complete script. Bad side - Lucas wrote it himself.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Actually your wrong there as usual. GL had the Prequel story arc lined out in notes he wrote when he wrote the script for the oringal Star Wars Trilogy and sense the SE of the OT, he has been working on the script for the Prequel trilogy now mind you the first two scripts did stink but whos to say Ep. III will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:51 am Reply with quote
Gee, I don't know if the Star Wars Hater or the DB Hater in me should come out and blast this news.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:47 am Reply with quote
Haisekoh: Go for Star Wars. Unlike Lucas, at least Toriyama knew when his 15 minutes were up.
dustopants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:09 am Reply with quote
hmmm... interesting, I dunno what to say... not really that big of news...
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quote
GATSU, Maybe you should set an example to Lucas then and learn how to stop.

Anyway, you have in the past judged a movie before it's even out, and that alone is a pretty pre-mature mature move. Not only that, but then you go as far to bash the movie which you haven't even seen, and try to spread your opinion as fact.

GATSU, do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut until the movie comes out, then go out and buy yourself a movie ticket and actually SEE the movie you want to critic so badly. Only then will you have every right to complain and bash.
sinistertaco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Haisekoh: Go for Star Wars. Unlike Lucas, at least Toriyama knew when his 15 minutes were up.

Do you wake up everyday and say "I'm going to post ignorant, inflamatory, and negative comments all day long! La La La!"?
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:34 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

15 minutes . . .? By that do you mean 10+ years?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2