• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Nakahara to Launch Lovely Complex D Manga Spinoff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeeeeeeeeeees!!

I'm a little sad Risa and Otani won't be the leads though... No one else's story is as interesting since their bickering is hysterical. I'm guessing Nobu-chan and Nakao since they already had conflicts in the original; that might be interesting.

But more RabuKon = YESSSS!
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote
sweet! this is one of my favorite anime and this means that hopefully, eventually, we'll get the anime version. I'm sure Risa and Otani will make cameos, but I wonder who the leads will be...Nobu and Nakao might be a tad boring considering how platonic they are. Maybe Mimi?
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! This is one of my all-time favorite shows! It would be great to see more of them!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
All the more better. I loved reading the original series, was kind of sad when it ended, but this sure as hell makes up for it. Can't wait to see what's in store for the readers this time around.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome!!

Btw, I thought the original manga series was 14 volumes... not 17. Maybe I'm wrong though.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, how exciting!! I love the original manga so much, because I always find couples who bicker like they do incredibly cute and hilarious. And yet it can be a very emotional manga, too.

Hmmm... I wonder who the new leads will be and what kind of personalities they will have. They can't be too much like Risa and Ohtani, but I don't want them to be boring and uninteresting either.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
Awesome!!

Btw, I thought the original manga series was 14 volumes... not 17. Maybe I'm wrong though.

It had looked like they had finished with 16 volumes, but then I saw volume 17 half a year later and all that was going through my mind was WTF. It really looked like the story was finished after volume 16, but apparently not. And now we have more coming.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
FeralKat wrote:
Awesome!!

It had looked like they had finished with 16 volumes, but then I saw volume 17 half a year later and all that was going through my mind was WTF. It really looked like the story was finished after volume 16, but apparently not. And now we have more coming.

Maybe volume 17 was the "Lovely Complex Plus" prequel-chapters? I think there were three "Plus" chapters, showing the characters as middle schoolers, before their fateful meeting in high school.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm sooooo excited about this! I too am sad that Risa and Otani won't be the leads (that were such a great couple), the main thing I liked about them is how quirky they were in such a similar way especially how they'd spaz out over Umibozu Razz . I'm hoping they do a new couple altogether with only cameos of the regular cast. The glaring thing about lovecom was that Risa and Otani were the most interesting and dynamic characters in the series while everyone was else was clearly there for support. A story about Nakao and Nobu or Chiharu and Suzuki would just be boring.

Hopefully the anime will be licensed soon, I'm getting tired of waiting I want to own the complete series already!
LilyChan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh yay! I love Lovely Complex. I need to get the rest of the manga though...

Still, this is something to look forward to! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1