• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Thoughts On The Upcoming Xenosaga Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alexiel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
This is my first time making a thread like this. So if this is not the correct way to do so, or if I am placing this in the wrong section, I apologize in advance.

I took the news of the Xenosaga anime and wrote up a pre-review of it, or rather, an opinionated statement based on the knowledge I know.

The news released by Gamestop about a Xenosaga anime being released in Japan in January, that is based off of Episode: 1 of the Xenosaga PS2 trilogy, was quite a shock for me to discover, but I do have hope for this extreme feat that I believe the creators will have in attempting an anime version of a truly indepth RPG. Xenosaga - Episode 1, I would think, was very successful and popular among RPG lovers and this release of an anime version should surely strike in some very high ratings.

As we all know, not many video games are transferred into the gaming world, and vice versa, but for those who have had a chance to experience Xenosaga's high quality CG movies in between gameplay, or have even had the pleasure of tasting the gorgeous Xenosaga - Episode: 2 trailer as I have, should be expecting great things from the anime itself. Of course, there are certain details to take into account when making such a transfer like this. Will the plot of the anime differ from the intriguing plot of the game? Will the soundtrack leave much to be desired? Will the anime take away or ruin the overall appearance of Xenosaga fans?

Let's just hope that the anime, which probably won't be licensed in the states until 2 or 3 years from now - as most anime aren't - will be as great as the game certainly is. I have not played all of Xenosaga, but I hope to experience the anticipated beauty of what the artists, scriptwriters, and especially the voice over talent will give (or take away) from the gamer's expertise and the expectations of the viewers of Japan.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Pre-review? for serious? dude

Reading this over I can see you are careening toward disappointment because you have invested WAY too much into the Xenosaga franchise. Take a big step back, hope for something kinda cool that's like the game you played and maybe you'll enjoy yourself.

Quote:
not many video games are transferred into the gaming world

Hahahahahaha
haha
ha
Alexiel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Well..this was to be expected. I was hoping that there was a level of respect and maturity within this board, but it seems that there are still cocky, inconsiderate people like you here. If you had something to say, it would have been great if you didn't wear your ego on your sleeve, instead of being an conceited jerk that did nothing to encourage or to share thoughts on this upcoming project.

The article was only my opinion from what I have found and experienced myself. I may be hoping for something enjoyable, but that is called having faith in the abilities of those working on this project, not wishful thinking, as you may perceive it as. I actually have not invested as much time as you may think into the Xenosaga franchise, but merely am hopeful of what the creators will be working towards. Maybe others will have some worthwhile thoughts or considerations to add onto it, which would be most helpful, rather than detrimental.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:55 pm Reply with quote
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10825

Just in case you guys/gals want to keep it to one thread. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1