• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Companies.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
P.T.C Magic
PTC Magic(This one has the most credits)
P.T.C. Magic

I can't find a company website to find an "official" name, but there really isn't much difference between the current choices.

Same deal with RIC:
RIC
R.I.C
R.I.C.

Also, I am seeing a few credits for ファンアウト・スタジオB2.
I've found:
Fanout (Whose kanji name is enclosed in parenthesis, so I don't think the encyclopedia interface will find a match if somebody tries to enter it)
Fan Out (who does not have this problem)
Studio B2

I spot checked about a dozen Fanout sources and found none that had ファンアウト・スタジオB2, only ファンアウト on its own. The exact same thing applies to Fan Out. However, for Studio B2 all of the credits with an online source appear alongside ファンアウト, with the exception of Gunparade Orchestra. Gunparade Orchestra is also the oldest title in Studio B2's portfolio, so I think that B2 was bought or absorbed by Fanout/Fan Out at some point, or it was always a subchapter of Fanout like with ufotable and ufotable zipper.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
I think I'd leave them until more info could be found, DerekTheRed. Sorry about that. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Shiroi Hane wrote:

Done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
No problem, it looks like you've been busy lately. It feels like companies in Asia that are any smaller than Sunrise or Bandai only very rarely have a company website. Even the smallest American companies seem to have some sort of web presence. :/
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote
A lot of the little companies that do outsourced tweening and colouring etc. don't have any web presence unfortunately .

I believe Devil Doll has put the Fanout kanji in brackets intentionally to prevent it matching since it is a duplicate - I remember them doing this before.

According to my own records ファンアウト worked on a number of Kiddy GiRL-and episodes, and "ファンアウト・スタジオ" on two. I would check on Crunchyroll in case I made an error, but it's blocked where I am right now.

Someone looks to have made a trip to their offices however:
http://animetic.web.fc2.com/china01.html
Their sign reads "有限会社ファンアウト スタジオB2"

They also did used to have a website:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090319074949/http://fanout.co.jp/
..which might be helpful if it wasn't all Flash.

It is just the name of a (or the) studio owned by Fanout?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Randomly watched Mushishi on FUNimation's Youtube. Fanout and Studio B2 are credited separately.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Merged.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote
MAD BOX
MADBOX

Nippon Television (the parent company) writes its name as MADBOX Co., Ltd.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
MAD BOX
MADBOX

A problem is that their own website has the title written in two words. Rolling Eyes This type of inconsistency is not uncommon among Japanese companies (shrug).
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
molibdaenum wrote:
MAD BOX
MADBOX

A problem is that their own website has the title written in two words. Rolling Eyes This type of inconsistency is not uncommon among Japanese companies (shrug).

Shouldn't these two entries be merged anyway, regardless of the naming style? It is one and the same company.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
Shouldn't these two entries be merged anyway, regardless of the naming style? It is one and the same company.

Because the merging procedure cannot be undone, extreme care must be taken before a merging takes place so only the correct one remains.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:36 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
molibdaenum wrote:

Because the merging procedure cannot be undone, extreme care must be taken before a merging takes place so only the correct one remains.

I suggest to give the priority to MADBOX.
This is NTV's "Annual Report 2012" and an official document:
http://www.ntvhd.co.jp/english/ir/annual/annual/2012.pdf
Page 63 of the PDF-file, under "Non-Consolidated Companies", we have "MADBOX Co., Ltd.".

[MADBOX's website is by no means an official document, but looking at the bottom of the screen shows: Copylight © madbox.Allright Reserved.] --> Copylight !!! Very Happy

Same goes for Madhouse. I recommend to move Madhouse Studios to Madhouse, or MADHOUSE; "Studios" is definitely not part of company's name, and in the annual report it is "MADHOUSE Inc.".
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
MAD BOX has been merged into MADBOX.

molibdaenum wrote:
Same goes for Madhouse. I recommend to move Madhouse Studios to Madhouse, or MADHOUSE; "Studios" is definitely not part of company's name, and in the annual report it is "MADHOUSE Inc.".

The case of Madhouse is an old sore spot, just like that of Shogakukan. It was a time when ANN wasn't much of a professional news site, and staff who couldn't read Japanese had very high clearance on just about everything, including irreversible procedures.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
MAD BOX has been merged into MADBOX.

molibdaenum wrote:

The case of Madhouse is an old sore spot, just like that of Shogakukan. It was a time when ANN wasn't much of a professional news site, and staff who couldn't read Japanese had very high clearance on just about everything, including irreversible procedures.

Thanks. Is it possible to change Dr. Movie (#1175) to DR Movie? --> Company Profile
Which entries exactly (#???) can't be changed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 34