• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Companies.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
molibdaenum wrote:
And another small request: in [Ainime Mirai] list, there are some titles like Ryo marked as (OAV). All titles in this list should be marked as (movie).

Is this one of those cases where it is not at all clear? I mean, we have this: Studio ZEXCS Lists Aruvu Rezuru Anime as OVA.

Aren't these titles technically all movies by ANN standards? All those Anime Mirai 2013 entries (LWA, Ryo, Death Billiards, Aruvu Rezuru) were released in theaters first [source] and later aired on TV [source].
I don't know why ZEXCS lists Aruvu Rezuru under OVA/OAD (they don't have a "movie" category at all, it seems), but MADHOUSE for example, listst Death Billiards clearly as a "movie".
--------------------------
P.S. Aruvu Rezuru was apparently streamed for the first time on niconico (on 2013-02-25), before its theatrical release; does it make Aruvu Rezuru an OVA?
https://twitter.com/zexcs_animation/status/305928189073575936
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
Technically that might make it an ONA. They do delight in obfuscating these things.
What was the show that had an OVA episode that, initially, could only be seen if you want to a special event?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Fujimishobo is a duplicate of Fujimi Shobo.

While the latter contains much more information and is more common in English websites e.g. Wikipedia, as far as I know the copyright notice printed on all books they've published has always been one word without space. An official source (not available on their official website so far) e.g. a business card would solve the problem, but I haven't been able to find or acquire one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Their logo is ambiguous as it is written without spaces but they have capitalised the F and S indicating they are considered two words.

Their company page says "FUJIMI SHOBO CO., LTD"

Both are in use on the Kadokawa site, although the version with the space dominates (although notably on pages that are written entirely in English):

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Akadokawa.co.jp+%22fujimi+shobo%22
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Akadokawa.co.jp+%22fujimishobo%22+-%22fujimishobo.co.jp%22
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Their company page says "FUJIMI SHOBO CO., LTD"

Duh, how could I miss it? Embarassed Must be too tired (posted at 3 AM).

Anyway, we've all witnessed different romanizations of anime titles, character names, and even creators' names by different yet all official sources; I wouldn't be too surprised if they've done the same with their company name.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I had to use Google to find it... there is no obvious link to that page from the home page.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I had to use Google to find it... there is no obvious link to that page from the home page.

Ahh, they've changed it from here to here.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
Atelier Buuka (#3124)
Atelier BWCA (#1461)

The correct name is apparently Atelier BWCA (from brownie??); here is a description in company's website:
http://atelierbwca.web.fc2.com/bwca.html

molibdaenum wrote:
I have to point this out again:

molibdaenum wrote:
Atelier Buuka (#3124)
Atelier BWCA (#1461)

The correct name is apparently Atelier BWCA (from brownie??); here is a description in company's website:
http://atelierbwca.web.fc2.com/bwca.html

Could someone merge these please?

And another small request: in [Ainime Mirai] list, there are some titles like Ryo marked as (OAV). All titles in this list should be marked as (movie).

Atelier Buuka is a duplicate of Atelier BWCA; please merge them. [I write this for the 3rd time!]

And please change the format of Anime Mirai titles (like Little Witch Academia) from OAV to movie; they are technically movies. There is even a theatrical trailer for this year's entries.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
molibdaenum wrote:
Atelier Buuka is a duplicate of Atelier BWCA; please merge them. [I write this for the 3rd time!]

And please change the format of Anime Mirai titles (like Little Witch Academia) from OAV to movie; they are technically movies. There is even a theatrical trailer for this year's entries.

Sorry for the delay; all fixed.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
molibdaenum wrote:

Sorry for the delay; all fixed.

Thank you.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
Would an editor mind smiting this company?

Should be Nakamura Production, but the T and I are transposed.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Would an editor mind smiting this company?

Should be Nakamura Production, but the T and I are transposed.

Fixed.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Many thanks.
molibdaenum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Baku Productions (#8794) is a duplicate of Baku Production (#2466) and should be merged into it.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Studio Kyuuma
Studio Kyuma
Studio Kuma

Woelfie made mention of the first two in Volume S of his epic series of posts "An Alphabetical History of Duplicate Companies in Japanese Animation"

Japanese Wiki uses くま, so I would guess Kuma is correct.

Kuma has been used in an ANN article, and neither Kyuma or Kyuuma have. As is normally the case when I search for information on a Japanese company, I can find many things, but not really the right thing.

Defunct website for a music recording studio, I think? Internet Archive has the site crawled, but only the flash version.
Their defunct twitter
Some kind of children's art company
A Chinese tech company

Best I can do is this page, which is their entry on the Nerima Animation Association's website. It uses Kuma in English.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 34