• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lapin noir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
The allcinema entry on them confirms that Koukyou ASAMI (77829) and Hiroyasu ASAMI (81091), who have the same kanji but different romanisations in the ANN encyclopaedia, are the same person.

According to their MovieWalker profile the correct reading of their name is アサミヒロヤス or, romanised, Hiroyasu ASAMI. So Koukyou ASAMI is more likely to be wrong and should be merged with the Hiroyasu reading (81091).
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I. Scott Dyer (person#30789) (correct spelling) and Scott Dye (person#18414) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade (0:00) and Beyblade V-Force (0:00).

II. Jocelyn Hamilton (person#4152) (correct spelling) and Jacelyn Hamilton (person#18415) (mistype)
First name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade (0:04) and Beyblade V-Force (0:03).

III. Tina Karski (person#5221) (correct spelling) and Tina Kareki (person#18416) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade (0:04) and Beyblade V-Force (0:03).

IV. Glen Pollock (person#151702) (correct spelling) and Glen Polluck (person#18418) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade (0:10) and Beyblade V-Force (0:09).

V. M.C. Kelly (person#30799) (correct spelling) and M.C. Kelley (person#18420) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade (0:20) and Beyblade V-Force (0:18).

VI. Paul Juby (person#45571) (correct spelling) and Paul Judy (person#30796) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade G-Revolution (0:05) and Beyblade: Metal Masters (22:05)

VII. Blair Packham (person#18429) (correct spelling) and Glair Packham (person#30793) (mistype)
First name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade G-Revolution (0:08)

VIII. Sal Grimaldi (person#13772) (correct spelling) and Sal Grimaloi (person#30795) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade G-Revolution (0:09)

IX. Martin Kucaj (person#5228) (correct spelling) and Martin Kujac (person#89798) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Metal Fusion (20:46) and Beyblade: Metal Masters (22:03)

X. Stephanie Zhuang (person#89783) (correct spelling) and Stephanie Zhang (person#107072) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Metal Masters (22:01)

XI. Marc Brenzil (person#123803) (correct spelling) and Mark Brenzil (person#107076) (mistype)
First name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Metal Masters (22:05)

XII. Irene Weibel (person#166096) (correct spelling) and Irene Weibol (person#123792) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Shogun Steel (21:57)

XIII. Brett Carruthers (person#69949) (correct spelling) and Brett Caruthers (person#123797) (mistype)
Last name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Shogun Steel (22:01, 22:03).

XIV. Stephany Seki (person#123801) (correct spelling) and Stephanie Seki (person#123788) (variant)
First name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Shogun Steel (22:01). Stephany has been spelled as Stephanie in some places (like some episodes of PAW Patrol, but Stephany is her main stage name (additional note: her birth name appears to be Misayo Seki, not Stephanie Seki).

XV. Sherry St. Germain (person#171911) (correct spelling), Sherry S. Germain (person#123800) (mistype) and Stephanie St. Germain (person#123806) (mistype)
Name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Shogun Steel (22:03). First name mix-up most likely due to being in the proximity of Stephany [Stephane] Seki on-screen.

XVI. Vils M. DiSanto (person#89788) (correct spelling) and Vils M. DeSanto (person#123802) (mistype)
Name misspelled, as seen through Beyblade: Shogun Steel (22:05).

XVII. Kate Anderson (person#10589) (main name) and Kate Mangan (person#12392) (variant)
Kate’s full name of Kate Mangan Anderson was used for Beyblade Burst.
https://i.imgur.com/mRPWhWo.jpg (ep 2)

XVIII. Christopher B. Chan (person#143842) (full name) and Chris Chan (person#155167) (variant)
Chan was initially credited for his dialogue editor role in Beyblade Burst as Chris Chan, starting in Episode 5 up thru Episode 7, but was later changed to Christopher Chan in Episode 29. He had returned prior to this as a sound designer in Episode 10.
https://i.imgur.com/CHw3T78.jpg (ep 5)
https://i.imgur.com/A59mxLB.jpg (ep 10)

XIX. Elizabeth Hanna (person#9426) (full name) and Liz Hannah (person#29971) (variant)
Sailor Moon is included on her Clear Speech profile. Additionally, “Liz Hanna” is used for a number of other series, such as Police Academy: The Animated Series and games such as the Mega Man Legends series.

XX. Tabitha St. Germain (person#4906) (main name) and Paulina Gillis (person#4208) (alias)
Tabitha has noted between two versions of her resume that she won the Jessie Award for Best Actress in a Musicial for The Anger in Ernest and Ernestine in 1997 – an award that was awarded to Paulina Gillis, as per the official Jessies website.
Lugamo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I. Arturo Mercado (person#25123), Arturo Mercado Chacón (person#166718) and Arturo Mercado Sr. (person#172544). Arturo Mercado Chacón is his full name and the one he's mostly credited with. Judging by a presence of "Ch" (the first two letters of "Chacón") on his Twitter account, I can guess that his full name it's his artistic name aswell. He still is ocassionaly credited with his shortened name, as it was in the Fullmetal Alchemist live-action. Credited as Arturo Mercado Sr. in the redub of Mazinger Z.
II. Arturo Mercado Jr (person#30061) and Arturo Mercado Jr. (person#53112). The only difference it's a lack of a necessary point in the first.
III. Agostina Longo (person#120830) and Agostina María Longo (person#172537). The latter is her full name, as can be seen in the ADR credits of Ink Masters. Her shortened name it's her artistic name.
IV. Sebastián Castro (person#151605) and Sebastián Castro Saavedra (person#172482). Sebastián Castro is his shortened name and Sebastián Castro Saavedra is his full name and usual artistic name.
V. Lourdes Cetrángolo (person#151603) and María Lourdes Cetrángolo (person#172536). María Lourdes Cetrángolo is her full name and Lourdes Cetrángolo is her artistic name.
VI. Constanza Faraggi (person#150428) and Constanza Faracci (person#172538). Faracci it's a misspelling present in the ADR credits of Flavors of Youth.
VII. Wanda Liedert (person#153121) and Jessica Wanda Liedert (person#172539). Wanda Liedert is her artistic name and the one that uses on Twitter and Facebook page. However, her full name is Yessica Wanda Liedert, as judging by her LinkedIn profile and YouTube channel. However, it should be noted that in Flavors of Youth, her full name was misspelled as Jessica.
VIII. Mara Brenner (person#127533) and Mara Benner (person#172522). Misspelling by a contributor, the accurate name is Mara Brenner.
Prudence

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Everything under Elena Carillo should be moved to Elena Carrillo. Just the result of a misspelling at some point--both profiles cover the work of a dialogue adapter/producer/director/voice actor that worked primarily at ADV's now defunct Monster Island Studios in Austin. She goes into this a bit on her LinkedIn, which confirms the correct spelling as Elena Carrillo.
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
There isn't someone called Moaang MYOUN These are two diffrent persons. As you can see from
https://twitter.com/nscdund
https://twitter.com/unchng_stin
They already have separate pages here and here.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
There are three different pages for the Pierrot producer 上田憲伯.

Kenhaku Ueda (person#130697)
Kazunori Ueda (person#120106)
Kazumichi Ueda (person#86615)

Clearly Kenhaku Ueda is a mistranslation, but the actual reading of his name is up for debate. According to MovieWalker, his name is romanized as Kazunori Ueda, but the opening credits for Black Clover translate his name as Kazumichi Ueda.

Seeing how the latter source of romanization is more trustworthy, I suggest compiling all of the producer's credits under the name Kazumichi Ueda.
JackCox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:00 pm Reply with quote
These are duplicate pages, he is almost always credited as Benjamin Tehrani.

Benjamin Tehrani (#162652)
Ben Tehrani (#151903)
soaker87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:41 am Reply with quote
Hpilbog wrote:
There isn't someone called Moaang MYOUN These are two diffrent persons. As you can see from
https://twitter.com/nscdund
https://twitter.com/unchng_stin
They already have separate pages here and here.

Sorry, my bad on that one. I deleted it.
Llyud

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
JulietMoppet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
Hi there! Please help?

1.) Charmaine SAGRADO (#51498) Erroneous. She never uses this name.
2.) Charmaine Sagrado CORDOVIZ (#66752) Erroneous. This is completely wrong.
3.) Charmaine CORDOVIZ (#15925) This is the official correct name (the active alias) she uses as a voice actor/talent.

The credits under the first 2 names (1. & 2.) should be under Charmaine CORDOVIZ (3.)

While the first name (1.) was used to credit her in several shows and movies, those were all unauthorised and erroneous because in all of her interviews and official credits, she only ever uses her alias Charmaine Cordoviz (3.).

Thanks a lot!
JulietMoppet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 am Reply with quote
Another one...

Rachel CORDOVIZ (#15931) Erroneous
Rachel SAGRADO (#72753) Correct.

All credited roles under Rachel CORDOVIZ should be under Rachel SAGRADO.

Rachel Sagrado is the sister of Charmaine Cordoviz. But Charmaine Cordoviz is an artistic name (an alias), therefore, the last name "CORDOVIZ" does not apply to her sister, who never took on an artistic name or alias, and so retained her real name which is Rachel Sagrado.

Thanks again!
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:05 am Reply with quote
JulietMoppet: It wold be helpful if you would post a link or links to support your corrections. Wink
JulietMoppet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:12 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
JulietMoppet: It wold be helpful if you would post a link or links to support your corrections. Wink

Hi! I already emailed the other staff you told me to, but I thought these few links I managed to gather might help:

1.) https://soundcloud.com/charmd-exe
2.) https://twpro.jp/charmdEXE

The first one is her official Soundcloud, and she used "Charmaine Cordoviz" not those other 2 names. While the second one is a copy (cache in Japan) of her old Twitter account, which again, is under Charmaine Cordoviz. While both sites can't be proved official, I am relying on the fact that the information in them (such as the sound files, some of which are official demos) would prove that they are indeed posted by her.

3.) https://news.abs-cbn.com/special-report/06/07/08/pinoy-voice-talents-put-heart-behind-animated-characters
This is one of her oldest and very first interviews online where she goes by "Charmaine Cordoviz".

4.) She is also credited as "Charmaine Cordoviz" in one of her most recent directorial and voicing projects (2015? 2016?), "Alamat" a Philippine-made animated series aired on GMA Network. (Multiple links for this can be obtained by simply searching the keywords: "Charmaine Cordoviz", "Alamat", & "GMA Playground".)

Regarding the related credits here on ANN:

In Tenjho Tenge, there are 2 different names credited for the same characters:

Charmaine Cordoviz as Aya Natsume
Charmaine Cordoviz as Mana Kuzunoha
Charmaine Sagrado as
Aya Natsume
Mana Kuzunoha

While in Pokemon (TV) there are 2 different Charmaine Cordovizes:

Charmaine Cordoviz as
Cassandra
Daisy
Erika
Giselle
Jeanette
KC
Lara Laramie
Lt. Surge Female henchman
Marissa
May
Prima
Ramona
Rebecca
Sabrina
Wendy

Charmaine Sagrado Cordoviz as
Gary Oak
Lily (Misty's sister)

And yet in "Pokemon Advance (TV)", it is Charmaine Cordoviz who takes credit as Gary Oak as well as many other characters in all the other seasons of the franchise.

In this case, clearly, the more consistent name credited is the correct one? The other 2 very similar names that keep appearing alongside "Charmaine Cordoviz" are erroneous names of the same person which is why nothing else was inputed under it (and also, very little to nothing can be deemed from an online search for those). (She also used to have an official facebook page under this name, I just can't find any links to prove it because she apparently took down all her social media.)

Also, these credits under Charmaine Sagrado are not wrong:

Cast in:
(English version)
Gantz (live-action movie) as Kishimoto
Gantz II: Perfect Answer (live-action movie) as Kishimoto

I can only say that I know from an inside source that she asked to be credited as Charmaine Cordoviz for these movies, and yet somehow a mix up happened and she was credited under an erroneous name. (Unfortunately, the credits could not be amended anymore.) (Perhaps my private email to your staff can help prove this better?)

Thanks so much!
JM
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
So this is complicated.
*Naoki YAMAMOTO [6594]. This is the mangaka 山本直樹, who has directed a few H anime. He is the same person as To MORIYAMA [64037] (森山 塔).
*However, the Naoki YAMAMOTO [6594] entry contains entries for someone else with the same name, a colorist/finisher.
Lugamo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I. Emilio Treviño (person#102053) and Emilio Rafael Treviño (person#173944). Emilio Rafael Treviño is (almost) his full name. Emilio Treviño is his artistic name, judging by his Twitter account and Facebook page.
II. Marisol Romero (person#71291) and Marisol Romero Durá (person#173943). Mostly credited as Marisol Romero, examples being Delivery Man, The Avengers, Peter Rabbit, A Futile and Stupid Gesture, A.I.C.O. Incarnation, Lost Song and Fullmetal Alchemist live-action and is her artistic name according to this interview with her. She's ocasionally credited with Marisol Romero Durá (her full name), mostly in the more recent MCU movies and Forest of Piano.
III. Ariel Abadi (person#27661) and Turco Abadi (person#173658). Turco (Spanish for "turkish") is his nickname and his fellow VAs call him ocassionaly with that nickname, as can be seen here. Mostly credited with Ariel Abadi.
IV. Carmen Rosa Franco (person#57242) and C. Rosa Franco (person#162303). The latter was used in Glitter Force Doki Doki. The C. in the latter stands for Carmen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 106 of 143