• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
Toshiaki YAMAGUTI (no Kanji, 1 staff as Photography) appears to be a spelling error duplicate of
Toshiaki YAMAGUCHI (山口利明, 10 staff as Photography).
Then again, YAMAGUTI's only credit is for プライベートエモーション, and Google doesn't provide any hit for the combination of this title and 山口利明... well, it's a hentai title where information is rare.

Motuko HIRAISHI (no Kanji, 1 staff as Key Animation) appears to be a spelling error duplicate of
Motoko HIRAISHI (平石素子, 7 staff as Key Animation)
as "Motuko" isn't a Japanese name according to EDICT and the source for the Motuko entry is the English DVD credits.
Allcinema has this person but without Hiragana. Googling for "平石素子" "ひらいし" results in 0 hits.

Takaro ASAGA (no Kanji, 3 staff as Producer) is a Kanji reading error duplicate of
Takao ASAGA (浅賀孝郎, 6 staff as Producer)
as 孝郎 allows the readings Takao, Takarou, Kourou.
The Allcinema page for 浅賀孝郎 gives a reading of あさが(ASAGA) たかお(Takao).
http://homepage3.nifty.com/peki/epamg_tt.html lists 浅賀孝郎 as producer for Aa! Megami-sama (OVA) which ANN credits Takaro ASAGA for.

Testuya TSUCHIHASHI (土橋哲也, 1 staff as Producer) is a spelling error duplicate of
Tetsuya TSUCHIHASHI (土橋哲也, 2 staff as Producer/PR)
The Allcinema page for 土橋哲也 gives a reading of つちはし(TSUCHIHASHI) てつや(Tetsuya).

Hirotsugu SHIROKUMA (白熊寛嗣, 1 cast for Samurai Champloo = サムライチャンプルー) is a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Hiroshi SHIROKUMA (白熊寛嗣, 30 cast, website, image).
The Japanese Wikipedia page for 白熊寛嗣 has lots of credits including the one for サムライチャンプルー, and gives a reading of しろくま(SHIROKUMA) ひろし(Hiroshi) despite the only EDICT reading for 寛嗣 is Hirotsugu.

Takashi HYOUDO (兵頭敬, 10 staff as Key Animation) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Kei HYOUDOU (兵頭敬, 8 staff as Key Animation)
as 敬 allows 8 different readings including these two. Sadly no more information seems to be available.

Yousuke KOBUCHI (小渕陽介, 3 staff as Key Animation) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Yousuke OBUCHI (小渕陽介, 9 staff as Key Animation)
as 小渕 allows both readings (plus Kofuji). Sadly no more information seems to be available.

Tomoki HARA (原友樹, 2 staff as Key Animation) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Yuuki HARA (原友樹, 2 staff as Key Animation)
as 友樹 allows exactly these two readings. Sadly no more information seems to be available. The ANN database goes 3:1 on Yuuki for 友樹, thus I'd prefer Yuuki as Tomoki HARA would be the only Tomoki for 友樹.

Yuzo HIRATA (平田雄三, 10 staff as Key Animation) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Katsuzo HIRATA (平田雄三, 7 staff as Key Animation, website)
as 雄三 allows the readings Katsuzou, Takemi, Yuuzou, Yuzou. The website gives a reading of ヒラタ(HIRATA) カツゾウ(Katsuzou).
But the ANN database has two other Yuzo for 雄三 so they might in fact be two different people.

Hiroo SHIGETA (no kanji, 2 staff as Animation in Hentai titles) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Hiroaki SHIGETA (重田洋朗, 2 staff as Animation, Kanji name taken from R.O.D. TV but the other credit is Slave Nurses)
as 洋朗 allows exactly these two readings. ANN has no other given name entry for 洋朗.

Eiji YASUHIKO (安彦英二, 9 staff as Key Animation, including some of Love Hina) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Eiji ABIKO (安彦英二, 9 staff as Key Animation, including some of Love Hina)
as 安彦 allows both readings (plus Ahiko, Shizuhiko, Yasuo). Sadly no more information seems to be available.
ANN has three more 安彦 as family names, and amongst these another reading ambiguity:
Mamoru ABIKO (安彦守, 5 staff as Key Animation) and
Mamoru YASUHIKO (安彦守, 3 staff as Key Animation, website).
But there's this page where you can find a link for "安彦守(あびこまもる)" pointing to Mamoru Yasuhiko's website, giving his reading as あびこ(ABIKO) まもる(Mamoru).

Taiichiro KOHARA (小原太一郎, 3 staff as Animation) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Taichiro OHARA (小原太一郎, 8 staff as Animation)
as 太一郎 allows exactly these two readings and 小原 allows 8 readings including these two. No further information appears to be available though.

Chika KASAHARA (笠原知夏, 1 cast) appears to be a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Chinatsu KASAHARA (笠原知夏, 3 cast)
as 知夏 allows both readings (plus Tomoka).
Les voix des Anges has an entry for 笠原知夏 with a reading of かさはら (KASAHARA) ちなつ (Chinatsu) but just one credit for .hack//Liminality, none of the four credits ANN has already.

Columbia Yurikagokai (person, 1 staff) is a different spelling duplicate of
Columbia YURIKAGO-KAI (person, 30 staff)
whose entry gives a Kanji name of 音羽ゆりかご会 to which the Japanese Wikipedia page for 音羽ゆりかご会 gives a link to http://www.0108.tv/ which then gives a romanization of Otowa Yurikago-kai (Otowa cradle party).
(Shouldn't this be a company instead of a person?)

Mayumi TAYAHASHI (店橋真弓, 1 credit, color) is a spelling error duplicate of
Mayumi TANAHASHI (店橋真弓, 9 credits, color)
as EDICT allows "Tanahashi" as the only reading for 店橋 and doesn't have "Tayahashi" as name at all.

Yoshirou KAJIWARA (no Kanji, 1 staff, Background) looks like a different romanization duplicate of
Yoshiro KAJIWARA (梶原芳郎, 5 staff, background).
Sadly the only credit for Yoshirou is Ninja Resurrection (OAV) whose Japanese name 魔界転生 produces tons of references to a movie from 1981...

Takako KONO (河野隆子, 4 staff, Animation Check) looks like a different romanization duplicate of
Takako KAWANO (河野隆子, 13 staff, Animation Check)
as 河野 allows both readings (plus Kouno, Koono). ANN goes 5:2 for Kono against Kawano in case of 河野. No further information appears to be available.

Hidenori HAZAKA (no Kanji, 1 staff, In-Between Animation) looks like a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Hidenori HASAKA (羽坂英則, 4 staff, Key & In-Between Animation)
as 羽坂 allows exactly these two readings.

Yuichirou YAMADA (山田雄一朗, 1 staff, In-Between Animation) is a different romanization duplicate of
Yuichiro YAMADA (山田雄一朗, 7 staff, Key & In-Between Animation).

Chieko MIYAGAWA (宮川智恵子, 1 staff, In-Between Animation) is a different Kanji reading duplicate of
Chieko MIYAKAWA (宮川智恵子, 12 staff, In-Between Animation)
as 宮川 allows both readings (plus Minagawa, Miyagaya).

Ahehiro KANEYAMA (no Kanji, 1 credit for Design in Mirai Robo Altanias) is a Kanji reading error (in English Wikipedia...) of
Akihiro KANAYAMA (金山明博, 20 credits for Animation Director, Japanese Wikipedia page)
as the Japanese Wikipedia page for Mirai Robo Altanias credits 金山明博 for キャラクター原案 (character design).

Nezumi (ねずみ, 2 cast roles) and
Takehiro MATSUDA (no Kanji name, 1 cast role) are synonymes of
Yuki MATSUDA (松田佑貴, 24 cast roles).
Both synonymes are listed on Yuki MATSUDA's ANN page as well as his Japanese Wikipedia page.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I suggest that the following profiles be merged because they are the same person:

David Lucas(#539) and Daniel Andrews(#38186) should be listed as aliases under Steven Jay Blum(#4832).

Jennifer Sekiguchi(#532), Lulu Chiang(#44729), Laura Chyu (#20761), and Tiffany Hsieh(#39579) should be listed as aliases under Stephanie Sheh(#3419).

Kate Davis(#22178) should be listed as an alias under Kate Higgins(#20166).

T. Axelrod (#26910) should be listed as an alias under Taliesin Jaffe (#5063). All of T. Axelrod's roles should be transferred to the alias T Axelrod (note the lack of a period), already an alias of Taliesin Jaffe.

Kevin Hatcher(#21632) should be listed as an alias under Johnny Yong Bosch(#1283).

Taylor Henry (#30948) should be listed as an alias under Jamieson K Price(#12807).

Karen Thompson(#40533) should be listed as an alias under Megan Hollingshead(#1435).

Alfred Thor(#4334) and Russell Thor(#22392) should be listed as aliases under Michael Forest(#7187).

Ethan Murray(#1293) should be listed as an alias under Ezra Weisz(#16979).

Jane Alan(#4226) should be listed as an alias under Mari Devon(#633).

Francis C. Cole(#40869) should be listed as an alias under Paul St. Peter(#4824). Paul St.Peter(#3047)'s roles should be transferred to Paul St. Peter's profile.

Kurt Strauss(#16279) should be listed as an alias under Kim Strauss(#1146).

Ivan Buckley(#8262) should be listed as an alias under John Snyder(#7982).

Wikipedia is the source of all of these facts.

Note that I am serious about this. VAs deserve to have one page about them with all their aliases in it, not multiple ones making you think Steven Jay Blum and David Lucas sound alike yet are different people when they are actually the same person.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:19 am Reply with quote
U-ko TACHIBANA (no Kanji, 3 cast roles) is a pseudonym of
Yuko TACHIBANA (橘U子 - sic!, 13 cast roles, website).

Nachi NOZOAWA (no Japanese name, 2 cast entries as Kazuma Shinguji in Sakura Wars) is a spelling error duplicate of
Nachi NOZAWA (野沢 那智, >50 cast entries including Kazuma Shinguji in Sakura Wars).
asterphage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Akira Yamaguchi (山口あきら) who was in various Kamen Rider live-actions can't be the same guy who worked on a couple of animation productions, because the animations were produced after he died. The animation credits should be split off into a separate page for that person.
In anticipation of further confusion - there is a well-known artist 山口晃. I believe he is not the same person as the animator, but I have nothing solid to support that one way or the other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hullut Sisarukset

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quote
MORI Koji (no Kanji) credited with the artwork of Doggie March and some voice roles is a Kanji reading duplicate of both
1) MORI Katsuji (森 功至), voice actor credited with 110 roles, some of which have been double cast to him and MORI Koji. (All the roles have been credited to Katsuji in his Japanese Wikipedia page.)
2) MORI Yasuji (森 康二), animator. In the Japanese Wikipedia page for Doggie March, Yasuji has been cast with artwork instead of MORI Koji.

Shortly: MORI Koji doesn't exist; his animation credit it that of MORI Yasuji, and his voice roles are really those of MORI Katsuji.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
I'm fairly certain that Chuck Denson and Chuck Denson Jr. are the same person.

Sources:

1) His Voice123 account (something that the actor or his agent typically keeps, and has been active as of three days before my post) lists roles credited to both Chuck Denson and Chuck Denson Jr.
2) IMDB lists Chuck Denson and Chuck Denson Jr. as alternate names of Charles Denson
3) Crystal Acids shows the roles which are attributed to both Chuck Denson and Chuck Denson Jr. in one listing as Chuck Denson Jr., with no mention of plain ol' Chuck Denson.
QReyes

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:35 am Reply with quote
Daisuke Sakaguchi (correct)
DaisukeS Sakaguchi (duplicate)
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote
Ayuru Ōhashi
Erika Nakai (former name)
Source: http://toritorioffice.com/talent/ohashi.html
According to her talent profile on Toritori Office, she changed her name on 04-01.
Kraker2k

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Shigi wrote:
Erm, it looks like Osamu Kobayashi is actually three different people: a voice actor, and two animation directors (yeah, I know). We need to split up this entry.

Wikipedia articles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Kobayashi
Also, Japanese wikipedia articles: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/小林治

As you can see, they all have different birth dates, one of the directors was working before the other director was born.

Just a bump as this still hasn't been fixed, its really quite a big error confusing 3 people as one person.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
These four entries are all the same person:
Kotoe TAICHI (太地 琴恵, picture, website)
Taichi KOTOE (wrong name order)
Saiko EGAWA (江川 菜子, old pseudonym, see her Japanese Wikipedia page)
Syuko EGAWA (wrong spelling of old pseudonym)
And this person even has an additional pseudonym of Noriko EGAWA.
rti9

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote
I added a couple names that are homophones.

Yumiko Takahashi (高橋由美子)

There are three Yumikos mixed here. There is an actress/singer and an animator who have the exact same name. The third one did the series composition of Touch, but her kanji is different: 高星由美子.

Atsushi Takahashi (高橋敦史)

It seems that there are a lot of people mixed here. Minor roles that are too hard to track down. I'd just like to point out that the one I added (producer of Detroit Metal City) has a different kanji: 高橋敦司

Akira Shimada (島田彰)

I added a staffer for Detroit Metal City whose name is also Akira Shimada, but has a different kanji: 島田明.
rti9

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:33 am Reply with quote
Takuhiro Matsubara (mispelled)

Tokuhiro Matsubara (correct)
teekay

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys. I'm pretty sure these two are the same person:

Tomoyuki Shimura
Kazuyuki Shimura

Not only do they have similar names, but they're also listed as having the same birthday and several of the same roles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote
... and Japanese Wikipedia maps this person (with birthdate 1963-12-12) 志村 知幸 = しむら ともゆき = SHIMURA Tomoyuki.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:19 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 51 of 144