• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Out of Print Individual Viz Volumes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ensof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote
I just came across another hard-to-find Viz volume: Sand Chronicles vol. 6. It's the only OOP volume of the series. At the time of posting the cheapest copies (ex-library) I could find are USD $30 before shipping.

I was intending to buy the series over a year ago when it was still all in print, but no, I had to go and put it off until now. Being fully aware of Viz's record on old series, it serves me right. I might pick up the other volumes anyway and hope that the price of no. 6 comes down to a sane level.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
collecting manga is a constant battle, you gotta keep it up and put off as little as possible.
ReAnimate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
collecting manga is a constant battle, you gotta keep it up and put off as little as possible.

Haha, true.
It's why I recently got up-to-date with D.Gray-Man, Hunter x Hunter and Toriko, and pre-ordered the upcoming 2 volumes of those last two series.
It's to remind ViZ that people buy those series, so they hopefully won't drop them ^_~;;

I have so many ongoing series though, it's hard to keep up with everything....plus, I have to hurry completing Gintama before those volumes become unobtainable...
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Very true, it's definitely a constant battle. I think Forbidden Planet has all of Sand Chronicles in, and I get paid on Wednesday so... Twisted Evil

I think I might be getting to the point now where I'm becoming satisfied with my manga collection though. There aren't that many new series which I want coming out, and I'm not collecting that many continuing series. Of course, I keep discovering old OOP things I want :'(
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
could do witha time machine to go back and stop myself from taking a breather from buying manga and also to funnel off funds from all the anime i bought and put that into buying manga too.

Im just a jobless bum these days and it hampers the spending power i have plus alot of the titles i was collecting are now OOP and stupid ass book dealers grab em and stick £50-£100 price tags on em like anyone is gonna buy em for that price so they just sit there doing nothing Sad
Tamaria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I just came across another hard-to-find Viz volume: Sand Chronicles vol. 6. It's the only OOP volume of the series. At the time of posting the cheapest copies (ex-library) I could find are USD $30 before shipping.

www.archonia.com still has it in stock for $9. Even with shipping (I think that's $9 as well?) it should be less than $30...
Ensof

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

www.archonia.com still has it in stock for $9. Even with shipping (I think that's $9 as well?) it should be less than $30...

A big cheers for that Tamaria! Their lowest shipping rate to Australia is an astonishing EUR 71 (they must send the book in its own private jet), but fortunately I've persuaded one of my Irish cousins to buy it and mail it onto me once she receives it. That way it'll only set me back about EUR 22 altogether for a new copy, which is brilliant considering the circumstances. Again, cheers!
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
I was trying to get Sunshine Sketch volume 4, since I already had volumes 1, 2, 3, and 5. Was a bit surprised to see the asking price online going over $100. Here's to hoping Yen Press reprints it. That or I might be lucky enough to find a locally stocked copy in Fully Booked or a comic shop.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
Ensof wrote:
Tamaria wrote:
Quote:

A big cheers for that Tamaria! Their lowest shipping rate to Australia is an astonishing EUR 71 (they must send the book in its own private jet), but fortunately I've persuaded one of my Irish cousins to buy it and mail it onto me once she receives it. That way it'll only set me back about EUR 22 altogether for a new copy, which is brilliant considering the circumstances. Again, cheers!

€71...? Okay, didn't see that one coming... But I'm glad it worked out Smile
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote
Well, Forbidden Planet managed to supply with me with volume 6 of Sand Chronicles. I had to very strongly resist the temptation to buy all the other volumes as well, but I'm trying to save up to go and visit a friend in California next year so...
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Fist of the North Star.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
I was trying to get Sunshine Sketch volume 4, since I already had volumes 1, 2, 3, and 5. Was a bit surprised to see the asking price online going over $100. Here's to hoping Yen Press reprints it. That or I might be lucky enough to find a locally stocked copy in Fully Booked or a comic shop.

That's being reprinted soon/now.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
SereneChaos wrote:
fuuma_monou wrote:

That's being reprinted soon/now.

Thanks for the heads up.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Looks like the first volume of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is out of print, if anyone hears anything about a possible reprint - with the upcoming tv show and the fighting games I would certainly hope so - please let me know Wink
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Seems there must have been a reprint of Uzumaki by junji ito as there was 1 volume that was hard to get but recently I've seen all 3 volumes going for very reasonable prices. I should grab em all while i can.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3