• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Revenge of the 90s Part I: Life Finds A Way

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Mike Toole wrote:
You know what's "too cool for school?" Writing off forty years of animation, that's what!

One of my favorites of all time "Hakujaden" came out in 1958, how dare you ignore anything pre-1960. Razz
(seriously tho, I really do love that flick)
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:48 pm Reply with quote
kikiyo2 wrote:

Also, I don't know why they bothered to do an 80s and 90s rankings. Anime didn't even really get good till the 2000s. Although I'm guessing Zack and crew will ignore all the true gems from that period in their continuing effort to be "too cool for school."
I'm sorry, but do you know Hokuto No Ken, because my head just exploded.
Dolza

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Martian Successor Nadesico has the greatest re-cap episode of all time. It is worth watching the series just for that alone. The OP is also one of the best ever.
Dreg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
kikiyo2 wrote:
I can't stand this relativism. Words have meaning and right and wrong pronunciations. "There is no wrong answer" is killing the English language. It doesn't matter if it "this is Americuh" to excuse one's ignorance.

It's "Amurica." Please, if you're going to intentionally misspell a word as a heavy-handed accusation of ignorance, at least use the accepted misspelling.
jsc315

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy my comment spewed off all this nonsense! The amount of inaccurate bold stupid statements had me cracking up. I guess ignorance is bliss.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zump

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:32 pm Reply with quote
My memory of Gundam Wing is a little hazy. Which episodes had Trowa dressed as a clown and Wufei fighting wolves? I'm curious to see how badly animated they are.
facespace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
kikiyo2 wrote:

Also, I don't know why they bothered to do an 80s and 90s rankings. Anime didn't even really get good till the 2000s. Although I'm guessing Zack and crew will ignore all the true gems from that period in their continuing effort to be "too cool for school."

Not that I'm judging but it sounds like your opinions are 100% objectively wrong about everything. Sorry.

+1
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Blue Seed is a pretty good show, I even have it on DVD. Saw it for the first time on the Action Channel. The English dub doesn't hold up, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tocahan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Oh, woe unto us and every other speaker of an Indo-European language from Iceland to Orissa for speaking our myriad degenerate words like, "horse," rather than ék’wōs.

Very nice reference.
ChibiRob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
The Heroic Legend of Arslan - So glad this appeared on the list, To this day I still use Pharangese as a character name in various games
megagold5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Another good top 10 show, have been quite enjoying these. Some stuff I have never heard of as usual in the lists and the usual load of overrated "artsy"(for lack of a better term) crap, but still.

As ever, though, ANNcast has the wonderous ability to just piss me off due to how condescending the people on it always sound, especially Zac. How they just laugh off and mock some people's lists is just damn annoying.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see that this thread has devolved into people gettin' mad as hell that someone has a different opinion than theirs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7