• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kawamoto: BONES Working on New Version of 'Familiar' Title

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm also curious about Familiar of Zero, is it too short, out of character trash or what?
It had 4 ~13-episode seasons, so in the world of otaku-targeted light novel adaptations, it's certainly longer than average. No, for some reason people were annoyed that a series about an average boy going to a magical world and meeting various girls contained harem comedy and fanservice elements.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:40 am Reply with quote
I seem to be in th minority, but I thought the first Soul Eater was fine as it is. But then, I also preferred the first FMA over Brotherhood. I definitely would rather see a Darker Than Black with a more satisfying ending.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
I seem to be in th minority, but I thought the first Soul Eater was fine as it is. But then, I also preferred the first FMA over Brotherhood. I definitely would rather see a Darker Than Black with a more satisfying ending.

you are in the minority, considering both of their first adaptations only used but a fraction of the material that was present at the time.

meanwhile brotherhood,while having minor cuts here are their followed the manga much closely than its first counterpart and was overall more enjoyable.

im not against a DTB3,just think at the moment soul eater is deserving of it more at the moment imo. but regardless of what i say, well see how things go down.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I hope either a new Ouran adaptation, or something never made by Bones before, like Fruits Basket or Please Save My Earth.

If it's a Soul Eater remake, instead, I hope the manga is actual good, since I didn't like the anime much (and yes, I know there are differences, but still).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Qashqai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one mentioned Star Driver yet. If I remember right, there was a news about Star Driver movie some time ago.
I wouldn't mind a remake of Soul Eater or Ouran, though... Very Happy
gsilver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Scormio wrote:
They're going all in on Fullmetal Alchemist Kai

They already did that. It is called Brotherhood.

Betenoire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

I understand why you are confused and I thank you for asking politely.

The second season was indeed bad, especially since it assumed that you had watched the OVAs which came out after the second season aired. Very baffling.

I politely disagree with this. I found watching Gemini first really helped pull me in as it created a discord between where the first series left off and where the second began and it made eager for every possible revelation and hint as to what had happened. The OVAs felt like the Star Wars prequel- it mostly just spelled out stuff that had already been laid out in Gemini and where they expanded beyond what Gemini revealed, they did so in spectacularly average fashion.

Gemini for me was like watching a magic trick or a mystery series where the impossible just happened and it drew me in and had me pondering what had happened. The OVAs were like finding out the mystery was done with some mirrors, a set of twins, some fishing line and a piece of tape in a very mundane way.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:12 am Reply with quote
I hope to god this new anime is either Darker Than Black 3, Ouran High School Host Club 2, or a reboot/remake of Soul Eater Cool!

It's too bad it can't be all 3 though, sigh Sad Crying or Very sad.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
maybe Wolf's Rain?

I want Bones for a long running and epic jidaigeki series in the vein of Okamoto's Sword of Doom. I want conspiracy, betrayals and really good sword fighting with a lot of good characters, something really dark.
naninanino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote
The only one that needs a new version is Planet of the Beast King, but there is no way that's gonna happen. New FMA would be hilarious, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4