• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment Delays Some Titles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Because somehow, buying it magically negates the fact that you did something against the law in the first place. Rolling Eyes

I've still supported the R1 industry by buying it, haven't I? And in this context, isn't that what really counts?

Now I could go on about how the point of copyright is to ensure people get paid for their work, which they are, so the spirit of the law is being stuck to and that's the really important bit. Or about any number of things relating to the fansub argument, most of which you've probably heard before and likely still won't be swayed by. But why bother? Clearly I'm wasting my time trying to get you to accept that just maybe, certain non-official channels are not pure evil... still not the paragon of virtue that some may make them out to be, just not pure evil that can not do any good.
K.o.R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
Well that sealed it - RightStuf just cancelled my V6 pre-order Sad
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
K.o.R wrote:
Well that sealed it - RightStuf just cancelled my V6 pre-order Sad

Ha! Yeah if they still have Yotsuba&! V.6 on the site (which I have had pre-ordered since March), then it means they at least heard something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Clearly I'm wasting my time trying to get you to accept that just maybe, certain non-official channels are not pure evil... still not the paragon of virtue that some may make them out to be, just not pure evil that can not do any good.

Like I tried to say before, it's not the subs that are bad, it's what the people do with them. Ouran and Le Chevalier d'Eon are the only things in recent memory I've purchased blindly. If I didn't watch subs I wouldn't be supporting the industry nearly as much as I do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
magicalgirlj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
luckuily scince I am waiting for a collection on Guren Laghn this does not affect me
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8