• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Minami-ke's 4th Season to Be Animated by Studio feel.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totoum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Nothing that they've done would give me any confidence whatsoever that they could pull off the comedic timing of Minami-ke.

The writer doing the adaptation was a staff member of the 1st season.

If you have issue with the director that's fine but judge him on what he directed instead of what others did at the same studio.

The same kind of logic leads to setting expectations on Natsuyuki Rendezvous based on Dogakobo's track record (a bunch of echi comedies) when no major staff has worked for the studio before.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Not at all. And in fact, I would have said nothing more at all in this thread if my posts were not replied to.

Well goddamn, you posted something and it was responded to! Who woulda guessed?!
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
Hopefully, there will be less glaring character art fails compared to the third season by Asread. And, no out of place characters this time around, too.

The 4th season can't come soon enough.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
I didn't watch the third season because after the second season I felt like throttling Chiaki so much that it wasn't worth the aggravation. So, I probably won't watch this either since I'm sure she's still just a nasty bitch.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
I am just happy the same voice actors will play the parts!

Also hope they do the show much like season one!

though i enjoyed all the seasons.

season one was the best done though!

its just that simple.
yu3lora

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
YAY!! I've been waiting for this moment for so long!! ><
Talon87

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
So we get both the direct-to-DVD OAV and the fourth television season. Nice. Smile

Like so many fans, I'm disappointed Coharu didn't opt to sign with Daume but I'm relieved to see that Asread was passed over this go-around. I really enjoyed the animation in Kiss x Sis; and I feel that, like Minami-ke, Kiss x Sis is a series where the original manga drawings are somewhat crude ^^; and in need of competent interpretation by capable animators if they're to come to life in color on television while betraying as few fans of the manga as possible. In other words, if their work on Kiss x Sis is any indicator, then Studio Feel may be the perfect team for the Minami-ke job.

Still would have liked it if it'd been the Daume of 2007 who'd gotten to do this. ^^; But like others have pointed out, studios are dynamic entities. The members they are composed of change with the times. There wouldn't have been any promise that even if Daume had gotten to do this project that they would have matched or exceeded what they delivered in 2007 with the first season. 2012 Daume is five years removed from 2007 Daume. A lot can change in five years. There were so many pieces perfectly in place to make Season 1 magical. Remove any one of those pieces and the result could be startlingly different.

Best wishes and best of luck to Studio Feel. A nice effort with Season 3, Asread, but it looks like many fans still aren't even willing to give your work a peek four and a half years later, much less forgive you for having a vision that differed from Daume's. At least you tried. And at least Season 3 was a hell of an improvement over Season 2 in just about every respect.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I just realize that I rather jokingly referred to PapaKiki as "Minami-ke: The Early Years". I am mildly amused at my prognostication abilities.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Is Daume even an option anymore? The last show they did as far as I can tell was Shiki and that was 2 years ago. Most of the talent from Daume seems to have migrated to studios like White Fox and Dogakobo. I'd love Daume to get back to business so I can get more Strawberry Marshmallow anime, and it'd be nice if they could also handle more Minami-ke, but, at this point, I'm just happy that the new Minami-ke isn't being done by Asread, not that Minami-ke Okaeri wasn't mostly funny, it just wasn't as well-drawn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2