• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Modify Anime pages

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
@dormcat:
Here is some data that i have gathered from the internet.

Something is not right: how could #1408 be both Peter Pan and Pinocchio? The story is clearly the latter. And you just showed you hadn't figured out what exactly this website is about by including PPG into your request.

TheKiller92 wrote:
They can be written from scratch, no biggy.

I assume either you're a superman who don't have to eat or sleep, or your time worth nothing. Rolling Eyes Again, it's a judgement of investment and payback.

TheKiller92 wrote:
You could/should have read and moved further, to another topic, other than acting like a smart arse.

Watch it, you're about to step on the red line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 am Reply with quote
What do you mean?
Thats what the titles are. It is their names. They dont translate.
If you saw the links i posted, at the start of the episodes, it says their title.. which is Peter pan. Peter pan is the same in all languages. The letters that the name contains, doesnt need any romanian diacritics/symbols. The titles are right.

I said that i am not interested in discussing about that subject anymore, so a reply wouldnt have been needed. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
Title: Peter Pan (Romanian)
Title: Pinocchio (Romanian)

The language of the title is the language of the title - both of these would be listed as English by default since they are names.

Quote:
I cannot remember if there are any other Dubbed animes. We have more dubbed cartoons, not animes.

If there is only a handful then I can't see any special effort being made, unless it can be easily added at the same time as adding more popularly requested languages.

[edit]I started this before the last reply but got called away[/edit]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
If you saw the links i posted, at the start of the episodes, it says their title.. which is Peter pan.

Let's quote your own words:
Code:
http://anime#1408
Title: Peter Pan (Romanian)
Broadcaster: FoxKids(Romania)
Distributor: Saban International
Dubbing Studio: MediaVision

http://anime#1408
Title: Pinocchio (Romanian)
Broadcaster: FoxKids(Romania)
Distributor: Saban International
Voices: Andreea Măcelaru Șofron as Blue Fairy.
Dubbing Studio: MediaVision

See the problem? You entered the link #1408 twice. The only anime about Peter Pan would be this one.

Frankly, you've just wasted a precious opportunity to demonstrate your skills. We all make mistakes, but if you can't tell what's wrong even after other people pointing it out for you, how could we trust your submissions are error-free?

TheKiller92 wrote:
I said that i am not interested in discussing about that subject anymore, so a reply wouldnt have been needed. Smile

I assume "that subject" should be of phpBB; if you're not interested in further discussions then I'll lock this thread up.
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh.. ok, sorry for that, my bad.
I copied all the links in notepad++, and then arranged them to the titles, it seems that i double copied that link.

I thought you were saying that the titles are the same as they are in English, as a name does not get translated.
How can i figure out what someone is pointing at me if they aren't clear enough. I gave the titles just for you to have a look at them, they werent for adding, as i doubted (atill am) that you will add the language.

I just found a couple other Animes that were Dubbed.
They are Naruto, B-Daman, Thundercats(RO:Felinele Fulger), Inazuma Eleven, Duel Masters (Maeștrii duelului), W.I.T.C.H

I said that i do not wish to debate about the phpbb upgrade, as it would be just a waste of time, and just talk about the Animes. Wasnt i clear enough in that mate...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
Wasnt i clear enough in that mate...?

No, you was not. When you say "What do you mean?" in the previous post, nobody knows whom this "you" were you talking about. Quote, please.

And don't try to sound like a sailor when you can't even capitalize properly.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

And don't try to sound like a sailor when you can't even capitalize properly.

He might be going for Australian.
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
It is pretty obvious that i answered to the last poster, so the quote wouldnt have been necessary, unless there were more posts..

Sounding like a sailor ....?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
I just found a couple other Animes that were Dubbed.
They are Naruto, B-Daman, Thundercats(RO:Felinele Fulger), Inazuma Eleven, Duel Masters (Maeștrii duelului), W.I.T.C.H

W.I.T.C.H isn't in the encyclopedia because it isn't an anime (Thundercats is a borderline case, but WITCH isn't even close).

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
Sounding like a sailor ....?

"Mate" is frequently used by sailors and many groups of people (such as the Australians). I'm assuming it's common among Romanians as well.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
W.I.T.C.H isn't in the encyclopedia because it isn't an anime (Thundercats is a borderline case, but WITCH isn't even close).

Fixed. Wink
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Fixed what? *whistles*
Dragosvr92

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
@Rhyno,
In Romanian we speak Romanian. I am not a native English speaker. I speak English just over the internet.
I am told, by a British person, that the word is also used in England, Scotland, and Ireland. And it doesnt relate to just a sailor.....

Before i added that anime on the list, i looked and saw it isnt added on here, but i saw it on http://www.absoluteanime.com/witch/ and i assumed it was an anime.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
TheKiller92 wrote:
@Rhyno,
In Romanian we speak Romanian. I am not a native English speaker. I speak English just over the internet.
I am told, by a British person, that the word is also used in England, Scotland, and Ireland. And it doesnt relate to just a sailor.....

I will respond by quoting myself

Rhyono wrote:
"Mate" is frequently used by sailors and many groups of people (such as the Australians). I'm assuming it's common among Romanians as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2