• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to do Also know as for voice actors and actress

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SouthParkboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 am Reply with quote
Hey I am trying to figure out how to do the Also know as for voice actress Carrie Savage and Lara Jill Miller. Cause I found out on Behind the Voices and Wikipedia that Carrie Savage's other names are Carrie Daniels and Carrie A. Daniels and Lara Jill Miller's other names are Willow Armstrong and Carrie Gordon, and was wondering how do I get those names and thier voice acting credits in those pages? If it is involed with staff I am good but just want to have a staff of my favorite website put those names and thier voice work of those names in those pages of Lara Jill Miller and Carrie Savage. Also I discovered that Kari Wahlgren is also know as Tara Hudson, Kirk Thornton is also know as Sparky Roberts and Johnny Young Bosch is also know as Kevin Hatcher. Is there any other way to put those credits of those names on to the pages of Kari Wahlgren to Johnny Young Bosch?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
Only senior encyclopedia staff can merge entries.

There can be multiple reasons for a VA using pseudonyms, the main ones being wanting to keep their name of more "mature" titles (which can cause problem e.g. if they also work in a school for example) and SAG members "moonlighting" on non-union gigs. For this reason "sounds like" is generally not a good enough reason for linking names and in some cases they are kept separate by request of the person involved.

Regardless, what we need in the encyclopedia is the name they are actually credited under (barring spelling errors etc.). If you have good reason to want two names linked then post it in the forums and provide sources.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1