• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Strike Witches Airsoft Guns Offered in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Let's not knock US law enforcement. Most of the time in the US people will use black spray paint on the orange tip of an air soft muzzle to disguise the air soft gun. I would like to be able to get tho use grips on my 1911 though.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Cecil: Yeah, I wanted my dad to buy me an airsoft gun but the Japanese replicas seem so much nicer looking. And they don't have that dumb orange thing at the barrel (which is apparently there so cops don't see it, think it's a real gun, and shoot you accidently. Which probably says a lot of things about the US Police System).

Nah, it says a lot about how little you know of US law enforcement and what they go through on a daily basis.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, they're sometimes completely useless.

I remember reporting a domestic abuse case happening nearby with my mom, and the dumbass 5-0 comes to our house and thinks I'M the abuser when it wasn't even happening in our house, it was some neighbor's house. And they didn't even get the actual abuser, and when they did later, they let him go without any charges filed despite a ton of evidence from other witnesses in the neighborhood. You do not know how much that pissed me off.

I don't trust cops anymore at all now. Unless it's just Texan cops who are incredibly stupid.
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:22 pm Reply with quote
What a real Beretta looks like. Yes, it's mine. And I paid $55.00 less for it than what that toy goes for.

Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:15 pm Reply with quote
noriko-takaya wrote:
What a real Beretta looks like. Yes, it's mine. And I paid $55.00 less for it than what that toy goes for.

Hot damn that's nice.. however remember japan can not legally own firearms. Hmm i wonder how much it would cost to get real gum customized like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ringking

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:37 am Reply with quote
*Sigh* As proud of my country and my heritage as I am, this is one of those very few times were I hate being Australian (Airsoft guns are illegal here).
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:48 am Reply with quote
Western Arms guns are overpriced to begin with, but the special edition guns are just ridiculous...

Yeah, you can buy a real gun (or two) for the price, but that's missing the point...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
That price is armed robbery! Laughing
(I see some otaku later committing armed robbery with fake guns to pay debts for the fake guns!)
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I was able to find a cheap-ass gun at a pawnshop. This proves that the suggested retail price for these licensed gun replicas are stupid.

The way those Japanese do business makes no sense.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you comprehend the importance of T&A to making money fly out of some peoples hands and into someone else's.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:37 pm Reply with quote
That's the way special editions work. And that gun was almost certainly used and not built to exacting standards that these are.
V1046-R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Cecil: Yeah, I wanted my dad to buy me an airsoft gun but the Japanese replicas seem so much nicer looking. And they don't have that dumb orange thing at the barrel (which is apparently there so cops don't see it, think it's a real gun, and shoot you accidently. Which probably says a lot of things about the US Police System).

Nobody would take a police job in the USA if they weren't allowed to use their own weapon when someone pointed a very real looking gun at them. That would be suicidal in this country.
Cyberphobe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I've bought real guns for what they're asking for these fake ones.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Fake? Aren't those authentic Airsoft guns.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
That's the way special editions work. And that gun was almost certainly used and not built to exacting standards that these are.

LOL, ANY real firearm, even cheap POSs, are built to higher standards than airsoft guns, because if they weren't they wouldn't be safe to fire.

The amount of time, labor, materials, and cost that goes into making a Beretta M92 is vastly greater than making an airsoft gun.

Airsoft guns are just molded plastic with brass tubes for barrels, with a couple of valves, cylinders, plungers, and strikers for operating mechanisms. The barrel of a real gun (especially a military-grade weapon) alone costs more to make than an entire airsoft gun sells for.

The only thing on a gas airsoft gun that costs more to make than the real part is the magazine, because it has a valve, gas chamber, and a more solid construction because it's a pressure vessel, while also containing similar parts to a real magazine (lips, spring, and follower).

The only reason WA guns cost so much is because they have smaller production numbers, and they're designed to look and function somewhat better than other brands, such as Tokyo Marui, but it really doesn't justify costing two or three times as much if you're an airsoft player, and not just a collector. WA guns are only for hardcore collectors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3