• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Magic 200

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Zac wrote:
For the record, I live here too, and it's not really hot so much as it is 'pleasant' all the time. It just never gets cold and winter is just a slightly more overcast version of the fall, which bugs people who really love digging their cars out of the snow and dealing with icy roads.

I'm guessing you and Bamboo live more towards the east area and don't wear undergarments most of the time at home 'cause I was REALLY freezing these past couple days. Anything cooler and I'm a mansicle.

Bamboo, Orange loves you and your wacky adventures. Here's to another 2000!

East area? I live right on the coast, dawg. Literally, it's a five minute drive to ocean. And it has not been freezing the past couple days. There is something wrong with your circulatory system.

david selim sayers wrote:
Now--a haremesque anime based off an erotic computer game? I wouldn't have poked this thing with a stick if you hadn't mentioned it, but I absolutely fell in love with it.

You know, I was just as pleasantly surprised as you were. I was really dreading watching it, but I found that once I started, I really couldn't stop. That series has a lot of emotional depth to it that you wouldn't expect from the surface.

bglassbrook wrote:
So does this mean the the framed cells, or the wall scrolls, flank your diplomas?

; ) Are you calling my diplomas a useless waste of money? ...actually, you might be right about that. I paid way too much money for school.

However, I'm proud to report that I haven't hung up wall scrolls since I was 15, because that does not impress the men. And my cels are inside portfolio binders, with the exception of an amazing cel of He-Man choking a strange bird-creature, which is on my wall. Smile And actually, my diploma is sitting in a drawer somewhere. =/ So wow, I apparently do have poor taste. ;___;
Soul Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
And actually, my diploma is sitting in a drawer somewhere. =/ So wow, I apparently do have poor taste. ;___;

So is mine actually so whaddaya know, we actually have something in common
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Soul Tsukino wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:
And actually, my diploma is sitting in a drawer somewhere. =/ So wow, I apparently do have poor taste. ;___;

Because we both have our respective diplomas in a drawer?

Dude, that's like saying, "Hey, I also like breathing air! We have something in common!" or "You like ice cream too? Wooooaah!"

Not that we don't have things in common. I'm just sayin'.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

However, I'm proud to report that I haven't hung up wall scrolls since I was 15, because that does not impress the men. And my cels are inside portfolio binders, with the exception of an amazing cel of He-Man choking a strange bird-creature, which is on my wall. Smile And actually, my diploma is sitting in a drawer somewhere. =/ So wow, I apparently do have poor taste. ;___;

So....hanging wall scrolls doesn't impress the men....but a cel of He-Man choking a bird creature apparently is ok....well....my family (many from So.Cal) always did say Cali is a weird but wonderful place heh.
Soul Tsukino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Soul Tsukino wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:

Because we both have our respective diplomas in a drawer?

Dude, that's like saying, "Hey, I also like breathing air! We have something in common!" or "You like ice cream too? Wooooaah!"

Not that we don't have things in common. I'm just sayin'.

Wow! You breathe air too? It's like we are twins! Next you'll tell me you are warm blooded and walk upright! Soooo freaky.

Yes, I am kidding of course. Very Happy
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
; ) Are you calling my diplomas a useless waste of money? ...actually, you might be right about that. I paid way too much money for school.

Nope ... certainly not any worse off than anyone who paid less for a public college (or public school for that matter) that has to look back and marvel at their tax dollars being well spent.
Quote:

Between He-man and the doctorate, if you cannot impress, then intimidate. Though not sure what all the hubub about desk drawers is. My top guesses are shelf, closet, or random box in storage. Though desk/other drawer is entirely possible, as it all depends on which pocket dimension formed when I thought (or worse uttered) the phrase "Let me put this someplace safe, where I can find it again later."
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
SakechanBD wrote:

So....hanging wall scrolls doesn't impress the men....but a cel of He-Man choking a bird creature apparently is ok....well....my family (many from So.Cal) always did say Cali is a weird but wonderful place heh.

He-Man is old school and iconic. It's totally different.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote
bci110 wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

Ya know when I first heard that there was going to be a REAL Ducks team i thought they were making a movie or using the cast or something. I was young....don't judge me lol. Embarassed Ya know...that would be nice to see though. An anime on hockey....it'll never happen but one can dream. They'd probably turn it into some cheesy Shonen series though.

I like to see a hockey anime too, but I don't think hockey is popular enough in Japan to warrent one.

Not yet, cheesy shoujo series. Laughing
Methos5000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:41 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:

So are you a Ducks fan then? (Or a Hockey fan in general for that matter?) I guess the Ducks probably get a lot of bandwagon jumpers with their sudden rise to success the last few years.

Nooooooooooooooooo. No no no no no no. The only time I've ever been a Ducks fan is when it was a Disney trilogy and involved Emilio.

I am an Avs fan all the way.

An anime fan and an Avalanche fan, you are 100% pure awesome.

Congrats on 200 Smile
daedelus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote
Happy 200 Bamboo!

Saikano is one of my all-time favorites too. During one of your reviews of Gunslinger Girl when you used to do the "if you like this show, then you should try..." Well I went right out to my local Suncoast (I miss Suncoast!) and bought all four volumes. I watched the whole thing over the space of 36 hours. I had to take breaks, which I'm sure you understand why. I don't think I've ever cried so much over a single show as I have for Saikano.

Thank you for turning me on to that beautiful show, and for also giving me insight on several others as well. Smile
bci110

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
bci110 wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

Ya know when I first heard that there was going to be a REAL Ducks team i thought they were making a movie or using the cast or something. I was young....don't judge me lol. Embarassed Ya know...that would be nice to see though. An anime on hockey....it'll never happen but one can dream. They'd probably turn it into some cheesy Shonen series though.

I like to see a hockey anime too, but I don't think hockey is popular enough in Japan to warrent one.

Not yet, cheesy shoujo series. Laughing

Yeah, I heard about that manga. There was a good article about it in Newtype USA a few years ago. If I see it I might give it a try. Thanks Cool .

But what Psycho 101 and I were referring to was ice hockey. My Heavenly Hockey Club is about field hockey, which is completely different.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Quote:

He-Man is old school and iconic. It's totally different.

That is true. Plus I suppose it could serve as a warning as well to people. If they try and mess with your stuff without permission they might find themselves in a reenactment of the photo and on the receiving end. Laughing

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

Is there fighting that only gets you a penalty? Laughing
Yes, but without pads the ref has to be on form to tell. Wink
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Field hockey is meant for high school girls in miniskirts. Real men strap on the skates. Razz
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Field hockey is meant for high school girls in miniskirts. Real men strap on the skates. Razz
I'd like you to say that to the girls when they have their sticks in their hands mate. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7